We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accommodation in Lamu

Which Lamu Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
26 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Budget accommodation in Lamu

Planning to visit lamu starting feb for a week with 5 of my friends and i would really appreciate if someone has info on good budget places to stay either in lamu or shela.I understand there are good places for budget travellers and also many crumbling places.Im thinking of a place called nyuma gereza guesthouse behind the fort.Has anyone been there,whats it like?Last time i stayed in a place called archipelago villa along the harbour,basic but good and this time i wouldn't mind trying out another budget place.Thank u in advance.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
26 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget accommodation in Lamu

Anyone?

Nairobi
Level Contributor
64 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget accommodation in Lamu

Hello blacktraveller,

There are lots and lots of places in Lamu and Shella. I propose you take a look at the Lamu Homes website and you can have an idea of the places you would be interested in stayin at. In Lamu town i would recommend Kilimanjaro Guest house, Sunsail hotel or stone house hotel they are affordable and clean. I have personally stayed there.

For Shela, i have responded to your previous post with a list of the houses you can rent.

All the best

Yolanda

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
26 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget accommodation in Lamu

Thank you Yolanda,will check it out.

4. Re: Budget accommodation in Lamu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2012, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Lamu Island