We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air ballon/currency

Which Masai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hot air ballon/currency

Hi everybody,

Heading of on the 8th will be on safari for 6 days, staying at Mara sopa lodge, Lake Naivasha sopa lodge & Amboseli Sopa lodge. I didnt book a hot air ballon ride when i booked the holiday. Do you know if i can do that from out there, its €353 per person with Trailfinders.

Also i am bring dollars with me. Will i need to exchange over there or do they accept them.

thanks

Brighton
Level Contributor
225 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot air ballon/currency

You can book out there but you don't want to leave it too late as they can get booked up. Dollars seem to be the preferred currency. We were happy with Transworld Safaris (www.transworldsafaris.com) - $425.

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot air ballon/currency

They do balloon trips from the Mara Sopa but didn't see what the prices were. The only downside to waiting until you get there to book is that this is a really busy time of year and there may not be any available spaces.

Dollars are normally acceptable for payment for this excursion.

Ireland
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot air ballon/currency

thanks everyone,

I have booked it for monday the 10th, think i would regret it for ever if i didnt do it. Only a week left and i will be on my way for what i hope will be the holiday of a life time. So excited, know it will be hardship at times. Hopefully it will all be worth it.

4. Re: Hot air ballon/currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics