We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kenya

Which Masai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
6 posts
Save Topic
kenya

Hi

I've been reading about the different hotels etc to stay in Kenya.

Next year for our honeymoon we are off to "sun n sand beach resort" and within that time we were suppose to be staying in the tree fig camp for our safari but this has been changed to Davin Livingstone which can't find no photographs - on reviews from many people doesn't sound good.

Has anybody stayed in the fig tree camp or the sun n sand????

I suppose it's what you make the holiday - but hope the accommodation's fantastic!

Hope somebody can give me some information....... Take care

Maeuk

nyc
Level Contributor
14,608 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kenya

Here's link for David Livingstone

http://www.mugumotree.com/

BUT, IT'S UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

You'll have to Google and see if this comes up elsewhere.

Fig Tree is located right inside the Masai Mara. David Livingstone is located outside the Mara itself on group ranch lands.

Kenya
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kenya

Hi Maeuk,

I would rather you stick to Fig Tree or any other lodge or tented camp within the Masai Mara reserve. Some friends stayed at David Livingstone and did not like it much plus it is very far outside the main reserve.

Sun 'n Sand is a very nice property though the beach is quite rocky.

uk
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: kenya

Thank you very much for this, I've been to the travel agent and said that we are not staying at this resort especially reading the reviews so we will have to wait.

I've checked out some photos people have send and lets just say the accommodation looks interesting :) not in a good way!!

Take care

Maeuk

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kenya

Dear maeUK

If you haven booked your accom yet check out Serena Masi Mara.

It has a fantastic location and view. The services, staff etc are brilliant.

cheers

howzat

Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kenya

We stayed at Fig Tree Camp in August and although I don't want to add salt to your wound, I have to say it was wonderful - see my review - however, we had some friends who stayed at DL at the same time, we all flew out together and met again on the plane back to Malindi, they had an absolutely marvellous time and saw the big 5 plus. They really enjoyed themselves and at the end of the day, it is horses for courses, it just depends on what you want, we wanted 'tented' they didn't - both have super locations on the river and their plus point were the resident hippos, hundreds of them and monkeys everywhere. If you really can't go the Fig Tree, DL is not the problem you think it will be.

Happy hols.

uk
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: kenya

Thanks for that its helping my wounds hahaha

I don't think its the fact we are staying there It's what you said its a totally different resort I mean been in trees it just sounds fantastic! Been in touch with the travel agent and they have said the fig tree camp is fully booked (even though it's been a year since we have booked up) they also said that David Livingstone has less stars than you have booked with but still good. I prob would off not been bothered if it just was a normal holiday but because its our honeymoon it's something special (and now Ive seen the pictures from it I would rather sleep outdoors)

Maeuk

7. Re: kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2009, 13:29
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: kenya

Hi mae,

chk this link to our blog and there is a map of most of the camps and lodges in mara, we stayed at fig tree and basecamp but prefer basecamp.

hope it helps

agy

www.anadventureinafrica.com/masaimaramap.html

uk
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: kenya

That was very helpful thank you :)

Well it looks like Fig Tree Camp is off the cards now, and now they are saying its fully booked....... so we will have to make our minds over David Livingstone now or pull out of the holiday all together, really don't know what to do for the best.

To think we booked it one year in advance must be a very popular place or something has happened to it and they are not telling us.

Anyways take care

Maeuk

Kenya
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kenya

Hi Mae,

Please do not despair my dear.

Try other lodges as there are plenty even tented camps are in plenty. Keekorok, Mara Safari Club Governors Camps, Kicheche, Sarova, Sopa, Serena, Mara Simba, Sekenani Camp these are to name just a few. If your agent cant get it for you try a few other agents who tend to have block bookings.

Cheers

Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics