We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya in august

essex
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kenya in august

hi everyone!

Am off to Kenya with my family on the second week of August for 2 weeks. This time we are doing Mara for 3 days at Mara intrapids plus Ballon Flight. Any body who as been there?

How are the tents, can they accomodate 3 adults?

My local tour operator say is okay but, just Concerned with the comfort of my father.

Please Advice.

GARRY.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,660 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya in august

The tents at Mara Intrepid's were all upgraded and refurbished last year... they're lovely.

As to whether they can accommodate 3/adults? Might be tight, depending on whether they use 1/double and 1/single (twin) beds or 3/single beds. Actually, the triple is better suited if the third person is a child.

You may want to get specifics from your agent how a regular tent set for 3/adults or consider the Family tent - 2/tents joined by a screened breezeway/living area with chairs, sofa and table. No doubt, added price, but ask.

essex
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya in august

Hi Garry,

I agree with 4Sandi,I know an Extra bed is posible,

was here last year through HITS( www.safarihitskenya.com), Me,my wife and our daughter

of 13 Years an extra bed was quarantee by our agent.

How much are you paying for the Balloon flight?

pls PM me with the price.

carl.

essex
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenya in august

Hi Carl,

Seems am booked with the same company like you( HITS)

being my second time with them after a successful tour last year, I would have that confidence.

Ballon Flight is costing us $425 per person.

I find it expensive, but reading through this forum, have seen the price to be reasonable.

Garry.

4. Re: Kenya in august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 22:16