We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Migration 2009 update

Which Masai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
3 posts
Save Topic
Migration 2009 update

Hello,

we are due to go on a weeks safari next week to the mara, amboseli and lake nakuru. i just wondered if anyone could update me on the progress of the migration. can we expect to see the big 5?

thanks

gemma

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Migration 2009 update

this should help http://wildebeestmigration.blogspot.com/

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Migration 2009 update

wotnorain

Excellent blog, thanks for sharing that.

Richard

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Migration 2009 update

What wonderful info .... thank you!

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Migration 2009 update

And this one:

http://www.atta.travel/heritage/index.html

Maybe it'll get updated before you travel.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
51 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Migration 2009 update

Gamma,

How did your trip go? I am planning a very similar itinerary next August, and was wondering about the effect of the drought. Did you see many animals?

BLACKSTONE,MA
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Migration 2009 update

i just got back last week , from a week going to samburu,lake nakuru and the mara. we saw the big five and then some. not as many elephants as i had seen before but a lot more lions. also got to see part of the crossing which was icing on the cake!!!you should have a great time!!! enjoy!!!

London
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Migration 2009 update

Kitkat. I'm glad your trip went well.I will be visiting the same places in a couple of weeks time so I hope I also get to see a lot.

Woodland Hills, CA
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Migration 2009 update

Hi Gem003 ... You were originally going to Amboseli instead of Samburu... what made you change your mind...?

I'm going on a Kenya/Tanzania safari and I want to go to Mara and Nakuru but not sure about Samburu or Amboseli... since I am crossing to Tanzania, Amboseli makes sense because its on the way, but maybe Samburu is much better in terms of game viewing...

For the ones that have been to both parks, could you share your thoughts on this?

Thanks so much !

9. Re: Migration 2009 update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics