We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and...

Herford
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and...

I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and sent them 3000$ but now I do not get any confirmation or answer to my mails from them! Are they banrupt? Any information known? What can I do?

Reinhard Oehler

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and...

Hi,

My friends are at this moment travelling home from Kenya. They stayed at the Southern Palms Hotel and booked a 4 day safari online before departure, with Julius, to the Royal Mara Safari Club.

I had text back saying it was fantastic so Royal Mara is still operating.

Hope this helps.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and...

I have been trying to book direct with a lodge and a couple of Hotels and they are hopeless at returning emails and confirmations. I think they maybe on Kenyan time. I am starting to think it maybe worth paying quite a bit extra just for peace of mind to some travel agent.

If I can book direct I will save $840USD just for 7 days in one hotel with two rooms.

Big saving. They seem to charge an extra $60 a night per hotel room.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
927 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and...

If it's any consolation, I Emailed Royal Mara recently to ask a question and it did take some time (2 weeks) for them to reply.

We go there next October for 3 days.

As with lots of places that we have been, replies do take a while to come through, so we are quite used to it. When we contacted people in The Cook Islands and The Maldives, some did not even get through and had to be sent again. Others took 2 or 3 weeks for a reply.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and...

If anyone needs to email Royal Mara direct, it's

camp@royalmara.com

Richard

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and...

I can confirm that Royal Mara is definitely operational as I have friends staying there at the moment.

Sounds like their admin dept (probably just one person) is operating on Kenya time, as usual.

6. Re: I booked Royal Mara Safari Lodge directly by internet and...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics