We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

We are planning a Kenya Safari to masai mara this may and we have been communicating with a company by the name Naady Travel their website: http://www.naadytravel.com Anyone heard about them? I've already checked with ASTA and they are members of ASTA but not members of KATO (Kenya Association of Tour Operators) Anyone used them before just abit concerned about paying money to a company that is not a KATO member.

nyc
Level Contributor
15,035 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

Not familiar with Naady Travel, but their being a member of ASTA (US based) and not KATO (Kenya based) isn't an issue. They're both voluntary membership organizations and there are plenty of reputable tour operators in US, UK, CA, OZ, etc. that aren't members of any professional organizations.

Do be aware, whether Naady or other tour operator outside of Kenya has to use a licensed in-country outfitter to handle your safari. It will not be Naady who does for your time on the ground in Kenya. I'd inquire of Naady who their outfitter is, whose reputation would be of more importance... how long they've been in business and whether anyone knows them.

illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

They are based in Nairobi Kenya and so far they have been great with answering my emails and concerns by giving me past clients to contact. So far i'm satisfied with the feedback i've gotten. I think im booking with them. Thanks for the help

Geneva, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

Never use Naady Travel or any travel agency run by Jerry Wanga!

Jerry Wanga/Naady Travel is a scam. It advertised a luxury tented camp (Mara Sarova or Olumara) but actually put us in a budget camp (Ol Moran). He promised a refund after we started protesting, but the refund never came. So we had to file a police report.

Geneva, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

Never use Naady Travel or any travel agency run by Jerry Wanga!

Jerry Wanga/Naady Travel is a scam. It advertised a luxury tented camp (Mara Sarova or Olumara) but actually put us in a budget camp (Ol'Moran). He promised a refund after we started protesting, but the refund never came. So we had to file a police report.

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

Don't use Naady travel. We just returned from Kenya and they ripped up off. We spent $10,000 for a safari for our group of ten people. He never booked the flights to the Mara, only paid a deposit for the rooms and we had to pay the balance at checkout, plus we had to scramble to arrange and pay for flights to the Mara. Had another travel agent in Nairobi help us (Lindberg Holidays) and they went with us to file a ploice report and actually tracked Jerry Wanga down but he fled on foot when he saw the police. Total thief AVOID USING HIM AT ALL COSTS< AS WELL AS GOFAN SAFARIS. We ended up having to spend another $6000 to get things handled while we were stuck in Kenya.

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

A good follow up on Gofan Safaris- The owner of Gofan Safaris, Mr. Shadrack Masinde has been in contact with us and he personally stood good for the $6000 we lost to Naady Travel and Jerry Wanga. He even sold his car to pay back our loss. It seems that Naady travel was using his credit card processing and receiving cash, then never paying for services promised. Gofan Safaris was not aware of this situation and has handled it on their end and refunded the money we lost. Gofan is now pursuing Naady Travel to collect the loss. Gofan Safaris did the honorable thing and paid us for what we lost. I would give them outstanding marks for honesty and integrity in protecting his good name. Gofan never made a dime on our safari, but paid us back for the money that Naady stole from us. Gofan looks to me to be exceptionally honest.

London
Level Contributor
109 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

I personally recommend you always stick to a reputable company with many years of experience in organising safari's in Kenya. Have a look on the forums and you will find a whole host of companies to contact.

In Kenya, there operate a number of start-up tour operators with a couple of contacts, a website and a small office, they are more likely to end up in difficulties and ruin your trip. On the other hand, there are a number of well established safari companies with good financial history, and great customer service, in it for the long run, not just to make a few quick bucks.. exercise caution when booking your safari and paying/wiring money upfront.

Also, always always always do some more research than simply following the forums, they're good, but also, can easily be influenced by business owners etc. Take care and have a great trip!

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

We recently returned from an excellent safari in the Masaai Mara with IntegriTour, based in Kisumu, but able to meet and greet in Nairobi. I had concerns about using them because they were not members of KATO and did not get any substantial feedback about them when I posted in various forums.

However, our tour was well-organised and we had a wonderful time. A tour operator cannot apply for KATO membership until it has been running for a full year and this may be why many new companies are not KATO linked.

I can recommend IntegriTour (www.integritour.com) as an honest and responsible safari provider for the Masaai Mara, even though they are a 'new' company, based in-country.

For American posters, I would have thought that ASTA listing - in the current membership year - would be a good starting point when investigating a company's track record.

9. Re: Naady Travel Any One Used Them?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2013, 10:24
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics