We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

United States
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

I saw a good rate for staying at Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp and the website makes the place look nice enough, a good deal comparatively. But I cant find anything on the place on tripadvisor and that kinda makes me nervous.

Love to hear your opinions of the place. Thanks.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,214 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

Have'nt personally stayed there, but this i can tell you is that it's part of "Plan Group" of Hotels. They have 4 hotels in Malindi, as the website proves to be the case. I've heard that it's a very good group of hotels - at least in Malindi, that is.

http://www.planhotel.com/

It's also in the same vicinity with other popular lodges like Governors Camp.

google Earth link:

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/rianta.jpg/

If that's anything to go by, then I think you should expect same level of service in Rianta - Mara.

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

I haven't gone there myself but I have arranged for some group to go there and according to them it was a nice place.

I suggest you should visit there website as Stefani is telling you:

http://www.planhotel.com

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,214 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

Hi JBodle - Just to let you know that "Plan Hotels" are currently running a special "Flying Package" holiday to "Diamonds Malindi Beach". It's one of the 4 hotels in Malindi.

I don't intend to divert your attention (or mindset) from the" Masai Mara" where you intend to go.

PM me if you want more details.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

Brand new camp, not open yet as far as I know.

Richard

5. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 21:41
United States
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

Thanks for all the info everyone. I emailed the hotel for additional information almost a week ago and have not yet heard back from them so I question how open they really are; clearly they are not in full customer service mode yet. To be safe we booked our trip at another camp. Thanks again.

Kenya
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

Just in case you are still interested, you can contact the manager directly at manager.mara@exploreans.com

Joe

d p
Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

Joe - have you stayed there? we just booked for 4 night mid september - in a few weeks. have not heard from the actual manager yet - just sent them an email to confirm we will have transport from the airstrip. hope to hear back - thanks for any info you have - we took a leap here...no reviews on the property but website and expedia deal made sense.

Kenya
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

Hi dp,

The camp is located in a community run Mara North Conservancy. You have to travel a few kilometers away to watch the migration either in Mara Game Reserve or in the Mara conservancy if you are interested.

The camp is quite new and of good class. The rooms are spacious and very well located.....all facing Mara River. They have the 'all inclusive concept' but somehow unique in that they serve ala carte for both lunch and dinner, breakfast is buffet service. They will definitely pick you up from the airstrip. Pick up is part of the all inclusive package.

I preferred rooms from No. 11 - 17 because of the location(They are marked using animal names which I cant remember).

I am sure the manager will get back to you with a more detailed information.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Mentioned in this post
Mara North Conservancy
Mara North Conservancy
Rift Valley Province, Kenya
Mara River
Mara River
1,606 Reviews
Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
d p
Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anyone know about Exploreans Mara Rianta Camp?

Thank you joe!