We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable attire!

Which Masai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Suitable attire!

We are going to the Mara for 3 nights in November, and wondering whether we should pack jumpers or such for the evening. Have been to Tsavo, so are aware to keep arms and legs covered in case of mossies, but do not know if nights are chilly.

Thanks

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitable attire!

You will find that nights in the mara are a lot cooler than Tsavo so pack a light jumper for the evenings and a fleece for early mornings

nyc
Level Contributor
14,536 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitable attire!

Nothing special, but at nights/mornings are cool to cold (depending on time of year), always need a jumper or fleece during these hours. These are easy enough to put on/take off as needed and temps change.

Chelmsford, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitable attire!

Thank you, am really looking forward to it!

Manchester
Level Contributor
169 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitable attire!

just back from Mara. It was pretty nippy in the evenings and early mornings. Definitely take one fleece.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
143 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suitable attire!

Will end Dec be even colder? Thanks.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suitable attire!

Hi,

December is summer here

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suitable attire!

Take a lightweight fleece for early morning safaris and late teatime ones (they usually start at around 4pm and come back at 6pm - that's when it starts getting nippy with the top open).

For dinner, take a pashmina or scarf, that should be enough - kept me warm enough.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
143 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suitable attire!

Fleece: Check. Pashmina: Check. I have started to pack already. And I'm not flying until December!!! Talk about being excited!!!

I do have a few more queries: 1. Are capris a no-no? 2. Would it be too hot to wear socks during the day (I burn so easily)? I'll definitely wear them in the evening to keep the mossies at bay.

Thanks.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,536 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Suitable attire!

Dec is going into summer when daytime temps will be warm to hot.

However, the mornings/nights are always cooler, but not cold as it would be in Aug or Sep. Just have the layers and you'll be set and enjoy!

10. Re: Suitable attire!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics