We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation close to the Ngerende Airstrip

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation close to the Ngerende Airstrip

Hi,

My husband and I will be arriving in the Masai Mara on the 16th of March. We have 2 days to spend in the Mara but we have to be at the Ngerende Airstrip by 10:30 am on the morning of March 19th. I would prefer to stay at a small more intimate style of accomodation that would feel more like we are out in the bush, not at a resort. If need be, we could maybe spend 2 nights further away in the Mara and then transfer to the Fairmont in the Mara for the last night if there is no camp like we are looking for within an hour of the airstrip. We don't mind if the camp it is not luxury accommodation, cost and the location are more important to us.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Sharaz

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Accommodation close to the Ngerende Airstrip

Sandi, unless I'm very much mistaken, the Kicheche Mara camp you're referring to moved from its original Aitong location to a new location early in 2011. I talked to the managers who supervised the operation last week. The original site is now deserted.

Kicheche's four camps (three in the Mara, one in Laikipia) are:

Kicheche Acacia Valley - the main camp, in a new location in Mara North Conservancy;

Kicheche Bush Camp, in Olare Orok Conservancy;

Kicheche Valley Camp, in Naboisho Conservancy;

Kicheche Laikipia, Ol Pejeta.

Richard

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Accommodation close to the Ngerende Airstrip

Thank you so much for all your help, I have booked with Kicheche Bush Camp and so far they have been extremely efficient and reliable answering all my questions and very helpful with all the arrangements. We are very excited about the trip and I'm sure we will be in good hands! Thanks again for the advice.

Sharaz

13. Re: Accommodation close to the Ngerende Airstrip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics