We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

Delhi
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

I wish to visit Kenya soon & wish to travel from Sarova Mara Game Camp to Sarova Lion Hill Lake Nakuru. Can somebody tell me the distance between botht the places & time it would take to reach there.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,690 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

hey Atul,

we were in Kenya last month, visited both Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara, and stayed in the same Sarova's you will be staying in. (Both really awesome) except we did Nakuru first and then went to Mara.

The drive (we were in a jeep) took us around 5 hours.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
521 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

Use Google maps to answer your distance questions but remember travel in Kenya is slow! Average 60-79 Kph even on the main roads.

London
Level Contributor
109 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

Hi Atul, the distance is circa 200kms, expect it to take between 3 and 4 hrs. Hope this helps. Enjoy

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

I am looking to do direct road transfer from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru. Any suggestion of how to hire a jeep and driver?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

check your pm i have send you some details. Cheers

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

Speak to George at Steenbok Safaris. He is local and we were very happy with him and his service. We've just returned from there - it was fabulous.

It took us about 5 1/2 hours from Fig Tree to Lake Nakuru.

Edited: 22 November 2012, 13:43
7. Re: Distance from Masai Mara to Lake Nakuru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics