We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October and the migration

Manchester England
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
October and the migration

Hi there,

We are due to travel to Diani on 18th October for two weeks and do a three day safari at Kichwa Tembo during our stay. Can anyone please tell me are we likely to see any of the migration in October around Kichwa or is it all over by then. The last time we were at Kichwa was in March last year and even in March there were quite a few animals making the crossing of the Mara river - which surprised me.Really looking forward to this now especially after such an unforgettable trip last year.

Many thanks for any info.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: October and the migration

FL410 - No problem.

Lokking forward to revisiting Kenya next year - hopefully for a month or so self-driving.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: October and the migration

Karibu tena! If you're lucky we might even still have some animals left!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: October and the migration

Oh what a cynic but I'm afarid that there is unfortunately a foundation for the sentiment.

Just been reading about the poisioning of a Wild Dog pack in Tanzania in the Loliondo area adjoining the Serengetti.

See : safaritalk.net/topic/…

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: October and the migration

Yup, it's very sad... I never used to be so cynical :-(. Thanks for understanding where it comes from. Doesn't stop me fighting though, just to be clear.

Sad link about the wild dogs, just heartbreaking. They poison pet dogs too.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: October and the migration

Thanks everyone for your info - will certainly follow the links and keep track of when the animals start to move. Soooo looking forward to October and yes I loved Kichwa Tembo - it's got to be one of my favourite spots in the world. we had a fantastic guide called Jackson last year and saw the big five over and over again.

Hope he is still there he was such a nice knowlegable guy with a knack for being in the right spot at just the right time.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 19:22
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,872 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: October and the migration

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

17. Re: October and the migration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics