We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

hi,

would i be able to see the migration if i visting sept 8 to 12 or would it be over by than?

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Hi,

well, in 2010 we stayed at the Mara from the 10th until the 14th of september and it was really great.The migration was full in progress and we loved it.

Last year we went later because we could not go earlier and it was a little bit too late (at the end of september).

This year we will be there from the beginning of september and i think we will have a great time.

Despite it might be a little bit too late - it also depends on the location of your accomodation. Most of the good ones will be fully-booked, but maybe you are lucky. Try to check this as soon as possible.

So from my opinion this time would still be a good one. If you have the chance - go - you won`t regrett it.

Bye

Chrissy

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Thanks that helps!!

UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Hi Chrissy

Could you please advise which accomodation you stayed in and did you organised your tours throu the agent or on your own?

Tks and rgds

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Hi,

well, we are using a local tour operator since many years. The way is, that we are looking for the accomodations we wanted to have and the parks we want to visit and than via e-mail we sort the final itinerary out.

Always everything worked very well.

As many others here - you make your choice and from your experiences you keep the one or search for another. Because we have been so lucky from the first time on, we kept ours.

The flights and beach accomodations we are booking seperately because with more days on safari this way always worked/s cheaper.

We stayed at the Ashnil Mara Camp (in the past we also stayed at the Keekorok Lodge, Mara Sarova, Mara Serena, Mara Intrepids, Kicheche Camp, Royal Mara, Mara Leisure, Tipilikwani Camp).

This time we are returning to the Mara Serena and the Mara Intrepids Camp,

Bye

Chrissy

UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Thank you Chrissy

Could you please share what is the name of the agent you have used to organise you safari?

Many tks ;)

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Hi,

we are always using KABS (Kenyan Adventures & Beyond Safaris).

info@kenyanadventures.net or omaewilfred@yahoo.com

If you are having any question - feel free to ask.

Bye

Chrissy

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Definitely a good time to visit as that's when I'll be there! Returning to Little Governors Camp yet again.

UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Thank you, Chrissy. I will contact them.

Rgds

9. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2012, 16:37
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,535 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sept 8 to 12 good time to see migration

Ajuba,

Please read the posting guidelines

❝You cannot include:

Links to strictly commercial websites or a blog affiliated with or promoting any one property or business.

Links, contact information, or recommendations for your business, even if your business or property would seem to be an ideal fit for a traveler's needs. Other forum members may recommend businesses or properties, but as an owner or representative you may not recommend your own business or property.❞