We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
252 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

Hi all,

I am looking for your advice/expertise..

My boyfriend and I are looking to do a 7 day safari at the Masai Mara Park. We LOVE the look of the Mara Bushtop lodges so would really want to stay here and then have looked at hotels in Mombassa etc for the second week/maybe 10days but unfortuantely have not found anything that stands out! We want real luxury having already travelled to the Maldives and stayed at Kuredu Island. We really want something amazing, all inclusive, amazing views/beaches for a total relaxtion holiday!

Would it be possible to travel to Mauritius from Nairobi after our safar trip? Has anyone done this? We have fallen in love with the LUX Le Morne and it would be a dream holiday to stay at both resorts mentioned.

We would however love for some alternative accomodation - 4/5 star if possible. Maybe have a look at what we have suggested and see if you know of places similar.

Please help us make our dream come true!!!

Thanks in advance,

Kerri & Ian

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

You can get a very nice hotel of the same class of LUX Le Morne in Kenia i have been in neptune and baobab and they were super to me. There service were good with very clean rooms and good service too,nice food and a very clean beach. You can check them www.sentidohotels.com,www.baobab-beach-resort.com. All the best!

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
475 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

Le Morne is different. I didn't stay at that hotel but I do know the area and it is fantastic!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
252 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

Thanks Jonesj i will check those two out!!

Giriama - do you know if we can travel to Mauritius from Nairobi?

K

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
475 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

Air Mauritius flies from Nairobi to MRU.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
252 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

Fabulous!

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

Kerri,

With good research I am sure you will find an amazing place in Kenya just for you as they are there, from big resorts on large beaches to small private places. It all depends on what your expectations are, perception of luxury is different for different people. I cannot remember where I read it, there was an interesting article on luxury and people's expectations and how perception of luxury is changing in the modern world. I think Kenya offers luxury to suit any expectations both on safari and at the coast, but as it is your dream holiday, follow your own criteria :) If you set your mind on Mauritius, check Air Mauritius - they used to fly directly to Nairobi, not daily though, I think they still do. Another option but not convenient is flying via Johannesburg (Kenya Airways of SAA from Nairobi to Johannesburg), this will at least double your journey time in comparison with direct flight, and possible treble taking transit time into account.

Good luck with your planning.

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

7. Re: Kenya then Mauritius!? Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics