We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maasai Trails East Africa?

Which Masai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Maasai Trails East Africa?

We went on safari at the beginning of November.

After reading multiple reviews regarding safari tours from Nairobi and deciding we wanted to spend our money locally rather than give it to the travel agents, I decided to email the two companies offering budget safaris from Nairobi. One of these was Maasai Trails East Africa Safaris. Rose was able to answer my queries in as few emails as possible (as opposed to the other company I contacted who could not seem to give me a straight answer). Once we arrived in Nairobi we telephoned Rose to arrange a meeting to discuss our plans. We found Rose both friendly and knowledgeable and was keen to help us in anyway he could. We decided to do two excursions with Maasai Trails East Africa Safari: a 5 day safari to Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru and a Nairobi day trip.

For the safari we were picked up from the hotel Boulivard which was booked by Rose at at 7am. Our driver James, a very friendly fellow briefed us on what we were to expect over the next few days then we set off on our trip to the Mara National reserve.

Whilst my wife and I haven’t been on any other safari tours to compare but all in all we were very impressed. Our guide James was extremely focussed on his job i.e. finding the animals. He must have eagle eyes because his spotting skills were uncanny. He also knew so much about their habit and was always happy to answer questions. He really did put a lot of effort into scouting for animals. We managed to see four of the big five.

Please also make sure you tip. We went on the advice that it was 1,000 Kenyan Shillings per person on the tour, per day.

We would highly recommend Maasai Trails East Africa Safari. I am sure Rose would offer you a much better deal than your holiday rep, plus you wouldn’t be squashed into a bus like a sardine!

Indian Wells...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

Dear Kristen,

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I and my family are looking forward to doing a safari in Kenya and Tanzania in 2014. Would you please tell us how much you paid on this safari per person?

We are in the process of planning our safari for the February 2014, and i just got our flight tickets any help will be welcomed.

1. We are looking to doing a 6 Days 5 Nights Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara. Any iterinaray?

2. Any other company(ies) apart from above offering budget safaris?

3. Any cheap/budget hotel in Nairobi with a price range of U$90-115 per night BB

4. Whats the logistic, distance from Nairobi to Arusha, hours? and price?

Any assistance here would be highly appreciated!

Nj
Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

Found on FT similar review for same company also a new account created just to encourage people to book this company. Sounds a bit shady to me, although they could be a good company.

3. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 15:20
Nj
Level Contributor
307 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

I agree it's not necessarily shady, however whenever a company misinforms you and makes up fake profiles to promote their business it would seem that integrity isn't their strong point. Could be just a misguided idea to advertise and I just figured I would point it out.

5. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 12:14
Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

I travelled from Nairobi to Moshi, Tanzania last summer as part of a charity hike of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Maasai Tails East Africa were there to help me every step of the journey in travelling alone In an unfamiliar place. I was greeted at Nairobi, 12 hours late due to plane delay, by the very friendly Robert of Maasai trails. They took me to my campsite for the night out of the city and gave me lots of useful information along the way, especially when KLM lost my luggage. Robert arranged the bus for me to get from Nairobi to Moshi, making sure I could contact somebody from Maasai trails East Africa at any point. On the return part of my journey to Nairobi Robert was there on time to pick me up and took me to my campsite. Robert was able to organise me a 1 day safari and visit to an elephant sanctuary fitting around my time restraints for a good price. Robert organised all of the details such as drop offs and pick ups and took me back to the airport upon departing. The quality and personal level of service with Maasai trails East Africa was fantastic and I would thoroughly recommend them to all travellers!

Nairobi, Kenya
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

Arguably this company is fast growing due to its nice approach i guess. I saw there team on an early morning pick up at JKIA with its shuttle bus handling a group arrival and was well planned. Saw its likely to get more business in the near future, well dressed and disciplined team of staff which was handling the group.

8. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 13:19
New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

On a 2 weeks long holiday to Kenya in October 2014 with friends and while we were to try and write a book with African travel related issues we came across a lot offers some which were so tempting. It was until then when we met Robert and when he introduced himself he wasn't so fast on selling the safari to us- He tried to explain the facts behind impossible safaris, why they seem expensive and un -affordable. He didn't only help us write 2 chapters of our book but also plan a group safari to Maasai Mara and L. Nakuru.

I will therefore recommend this company for group budget safaris in Kenya. Excellent and competent service provider, good knowledge of African safari and among all respect for clientele and animal welfare.

Sarah

10. Re: Maasai Trails East Africa?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 17 February 2016, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics