We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 3 days in the Masai Mare enough time

Nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Is 3 days in the Masai Mare enough time

Hi all,

I am on a tight schedule and am considering flying in to Kenya to go on safari for 3 days in the Masai Mara. Is this enough time to make it worthwhile? I wouldn't have time for any other parks either as I would land for example on a Sunday at noon and have to fly back on a an early 4 am flight on Friday which means Thursday afternoon I need to start heading back to Niarobi.

So basically all I would have is Monday Tues Wed and part of Thurs.

I am a shortchanging myself? Thing is in the near future I don't think I will have more time to go, so it's not like I should wait till next year to be able to stay longer.

I was never in Eastern Africa (I did the Southern African Parks in 2008) and will be travelling with my wife and perhaps one other couple. We are looking to go in August 2014.

Thank you,

Joseph

nyc
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Is 3 days in the Masai Mare enough time

Good to know this isn't her first pregnancy, but she (and others) should know that no two are exactly the same. In the end it's her decision, but do give her the space to set her own schedule.

Nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Is 3 days in the Masai Mare enough time

On the topic of pregnancy is the road to Amboseli and the park there in bad shape or is it better the Masai Mara?

Also in the Mara itself are the speeds generally slow so to speak, and the roads a bit better then the Narok - MM portion of the drive, meaning that if the pregnant women flies in then it would solve a large amount of the problem or it would just solve getting there however once in the Mara the same potential issues would exist?

One more thing regarding Malaria is August in the Mara considered a better time meaning that not everyone takes malaria tablets then (kind of like Etosha in the dry season) or is the Mara always a bit risky in that regard?

Thanks!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Is 3 days in the Masai Mare enough time

Hi,

I agree with all the opinions. On why people have 2 days to Masai Mara & 1 night in Amboseli is because each travel has options. I have personally done a safari for 5 days whereby 1 nights samburu, 1 night lake Naivasha via game drive in Nakuru then Masai Mara 2 nights. Definately, the trip was tiring but my guests had limited time and wanted to See all these places.

It all depends on clients preferences and tour operators giving all the advantages and disadvantages of each trip. Just the clear communication between both client and operator.

44. Re: Is 3 days in the Masai Mare enough time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 12:58
45. Re: Is 3 days in the Masai Mare enough time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics