We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maasai Mara budget safari

Which Masai Mara National Reserve hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Maasai Mara budget safari

Hi,

My wife and I are travelling to Nairobi in June. We are looking for a budget lodge safari covering Masai Mara & Serengeti and then spending a couple of nights in Zanzibar and flying out of DAR. Does anyone know of reputable tour operators who can accommodate us? We plan on spending 2 weeks on this trip.

1. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 15:20
Nairobi, Kenya
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

If you landing in Nairobi its better you get a tour operator in Nairobi who will start with you to the end.

Budget lodges in Mara i advice you take Keekorock Logde.

As for the operator info@midwaystoursandtravel.com

They will help.

3. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 15:28
Nairobi, Kenya
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

you may want try www.claudioustours.com.They have affordable rates

Nairobi, Kenya
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

A good option would be looking for a tour operator which is specializing with both Kenya and Tanzania packages. That way you wont have to contact so many tour operators, and the quote will be much fare as compared to dealing with a Kenyan tour operator which will later subcontract a Tanzania tour operator to do the Tanzania and Dar Es salaam part.

Try contact www.kileleafrika.com or info@kileleafrika.com, they are doing both circuits and they have own shuttle services which will make it cheaper and easy to deal with.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

There are several budget lodges both masai mara and serengeti.

How many days do you have ?

You can get intouch with African Servalcat Safaris, tours@africanservalcatsafaris.com (www.africanservalcatsafaris.com) they have packages covering both kenya and tanzania and finishing with zanzibar

nyc
Level Contributor
14,460 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

During June rates lower in Kenya that if in Tanzania which is in peak season. Drive between Kenya and Tanzania can be minimum 8-10/hrs an entire day. Unless you go by bus/ferry to DAR (before onward next day to ZNZ, which will also take about 10/hrs, airfare is often as economical - cost vs time. At DAR you'll require a hotel before heading to ZNZ. And from ZNZ to DAR can be done by ferry or air - your choice,

All depends on your budget.

What is your estimated budget for the 2/weeks?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

from all the replies above stick to 4sandi since all those are promoting there firms.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

Hello 4sandi,

I'm looking at a budget of about $5000 for the entire trip apart from the airfares. We are planning on spending about 10 days on safari in Kenya & Tanzania and ending with maybe 3 nights at Zanzibar. How do you think we should go about it? Should we just land up at Nairobi and find a suitable tour operator?

Nairobi
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Maasai Mara budget safari

try www.untamedafricasafaris.com (i think their email was info@untamedafricasafaris.com) i ve use them before and proved to go an extra mile to provide a superior trip within a very reasonable budget.

best of Luck!

Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics