We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Offbeat Mara vs Ol Seki - Sept Honeymoon

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Offbeat Mara vs Ol Seki - Sept Honeymoon

Hi All,

I really really need some help in choosing between a three night stay at either one of these camps for my honeymoon.

I am so stuck between choosing between the two camps and I have the impression in my head (from what I've read online) that wildlife/game viewing will be more plentiful in and around Offbeat Mara camp /Mara North Conservency than in and around Ol Seki (Naboisho).

Also, is it any harder to get into the reserve from Ol Seki than it is from Offbeat Mara camp?

We are going at the end of August/early Sept 14 and the following are important to us:

To do night game drives

Quality of game viewing

See the migration in the reserve for a full day

I would be so so grateful if someone could help me in deciding between the camps!

Thanks in advance :)

nyc
Level Contributor
14,646 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Offbeat Mara vs Ol Seki - Sept Honeymoon

During migration there is game everywhere regardless which conservancy.

With a 3nt stay at either, included in your fee is 1/full day inside the reserve; additional visits to the reserve you pay another daily park fee(about $80/pp

Ol Seki is a bit farther from the reserve but it's a game drive along the way to/from.

The tents at Ol Seki are amazingly beautiful, large and the views outstanding. This camp is also more luxe than Offbeat. If being provided comparable rates for each, this is the one I'd select; otherwise, Offbeat is a great choice.

2. Re: Offbeat Mara vs Ol Seki - Sept Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics