We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation Masai mara?

treviso
Level Contributor
34 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation Masai mara?

I'm planning to spend 2-3 nights at the Masai Mara, and I would like to know pro and con of choosing an accomodation in the main Mara reserve or just outside..

can anyone help me?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: accomodation Masai mara?

Thank you for all of your help and replies! After the recent attacks and all of the issues with booking the different lodges, we have decided to postpone our trip and go else where in November.

spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: accomodation Masai mara?

I am a bit confused about the fees when staying inside the reserve or outside. I read this:

"staying in the outside you will be required to pay the park fee every day the same way when being on Inside of the park. But If outside the park, then you pay the conservancy fees for every night you stay to the conservancy."

Can you explain to me what are the differences between Park fee ( which we have to pay being in or out of the reserve) and the conservancy fees?

Thank you

nyc
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: accomodation Masai mara?

matetoca/spain -

Suggest you start a new thread re 'park/conservancy fees' - as you have is now, it's lost under another topic.

Go to top of page "Ask a Question" and enter your info. Then you should get replies.

24. Re: accomodation Masai mara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2015, 13:42
Nairobi
7 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: accomodation Masai mara?

Hi pila87,

I think you have been given most of the pros and cons already. Yes it depends on the time of year you are planning to visit - obviously the Reserve is busier in the high season, and the private conservancies located just north of the reserve are private (only cars from those resident camps are allowed in them). You can to night game drives in the conservanies and other activities such as river fishing which you cannot do in the Reserve. That said some of the best river crossings and wildlife spots are in the Reserve (Musiara Swamp, Paradise Plains, Rhino River, leopard on the Talek River). Serian Camp in the Mara North Conservancy also has its own private concession area so you can even go for guided bush walks in this area of the Mara as well. Serian also has a camp in the Mara Reserve as well, Nkorombo Mobile camp, so you can visit this part of the Mara and get a good cross-section of the whole ecosystem.

Nevertheless we really hope you enjoy your safari to the Maasai Mara! Truly still one of the best areas for wildlife in Africa.

Kirsty, New African Territories

26. Re: accomodation Masai mara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics