We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposed trip to the Masai Mara

Shelly Beach, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Proposed trip to the Masai Mara

I am due to fly into Nairobi on the 14th August 2014 and immediately transfer to a smaller plane to fly to the Masai Mara. I will be there for 6 days and the travel arrangements are the same in reverse for the return journey. I am concerned by reports and advisories of unrest in Kenya, along the coastal towns of Lamu and Tana, also on going problems on the Somalia border. How safe is the area to which I'm going and what good is the security at Nairobi airport? Many thanks.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,752 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Proposed trip to the Masai Mara

The Masai Mara is nowhere near the coast or even the Somali border. No concern, but normal precautions you'd take for travel anywhere.

If going out on safari immediately upon arrival, know that you arrive at the International airport (JKIA) for Immigration/Visa/Customs, then require a transfer to Wilson (domestic) airport for 10am flight to the Mara.

Shelly Beach, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Proposed trip to the Masai Mara

Thanks for reassurance. I will naturally take all precautions possible.

3. Re: Proposed trip to the Masai Mara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...
More Masai Mara National Reserve Topics