We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow Fever Vacination.

Kericho, Kenya
1 post
Save Topic
Yellow Fever Vacination.

I am traveling to Daresalam by bus From Mombasa on 13th Nov and i need the Vacination ASAP. Advise where i can get the jab and the certificate nd at what cost

Essau

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow Fever Vacination.

This was 5+ years ago, but I went to the government clinic on Hospital St. in Mombasa.

GPS coords are -4.058674, 39.671035

One dose can be used for five patients but it has to be used all at once, so to defray costs they took my number and called me a couple of hours later when they had four other people, then we all got the shot. I think it came to 1200 kes at the time, including the yellow book.

If they don't offer it there anymore, they'll direct you to the nearest location.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,516 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow Fever Vacination.

I've no personal experience but I have read on this forum in the past that people got YF vaccinations at the Mombasa Hospital and at the Aga Khan hospital which are not far apart from each other in Mombasa Town.

The WHO also says they are available at the KPA Medical Centre at Mombasa Port

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow Fever Vacination.

Bear in mind that there is a 10 day maturity period for the vaccine, which could affect your travel plans, as you are not technically covered until the 10th day.

I had mine done in Nairobi - Ksh 1700 if I recall correctly - cash only.

I found out the hard way!

Edited: 11 November 2017, 07:02
Reply to: Yellow Fever Vacination.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa