We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
weather

Hi

Having looked at the weather online closely, it seems like there is quite a bit of rain at the moment.

Is this the case in reality? Or is it short, sharp bursts of rain?

Hoping it won't rain constantly the whole 2 weeks (unlikely i know!!!)

Cheers, Charlotte

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

You don't mention when you're coming.

At present we're in a season called the "short rains". it has been a heavier rain than what we normally see but it should wind up within a week or two. From then till late April there is plenty of sun on the coast and in the safari zones.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Indeed the rains are here.

nation.co.ke/news/…index.html

The rains can be heavy or short or moderate or scattered or a drizzle.

That's mother nature.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

I'm.coming 24th for 2 weeks.

Thanks pretty aware of mother nature coming from England!!!

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Yes I've heard about short rains in November from my nurse who's keniyan herself. I hope it goes away in 2-3 weeks when we arrive but I'm quite looking forward to seeing an african storm!

Is there any lightning possibility? Its not famous Kongo storms i guess but would be cool to see some...

Kx

Level Contributor
1,522 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

In many years on the coast I've seen little lightning. Most of the rain here is the result of monsoon bands rather than localized convection-formed thunder clouds. It could be different away from the coast.

Edited: 21 November 2017, 23:59
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

I can echo that Philip but have seen some fantastic lightning storms in the mara on many occasions and due to less light pollution the stars and constellations are amazing

6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

From January to March, how weather is in Kenya? I searched it on google and they said it is about 31°C (88°F).

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

JamieConw

The temperature will vary a lot depending on which part of Kenya you are in. The Nairobi weather will be 10 degrees cooler than the coast and little humidity.

Reply to: weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa