We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife - kenya . org

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
663 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Wildlife - kenya . org

Just booked to go back to kenya again next feb and want to book a 4 day safari with a local company this time round, I have had a reasonable quote from wildlife- kenya .org, can any body advise me or recomend them to me.

Deano

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

Hi. Five of us going next February for 3 weeks. I emailed Somak in Mombasa and booked safari. They are excellent. They do from 2 nights up, we picked our own and doing 8 nights. It will be exhausting but terrific fun. If you would like it will give you the email address. Also going out Monday for a couple of weeks, we are addicted to Kenya and the people. This will be our 24th or 25th visits, lost count.

You will love it there

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
663 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

Thanks danbry, we did a 4 day safari in february this year with Somak and it was very good, this was through first choice., not sure that I will get a good deal with them though especially as there are only 4 of us 2 adults and 2 children and we are trying to get sole occupancy of the safari van

Deano

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

Have you tried DM Tours for a quote?

We did and are very happy with them

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

Hi we booked with wildlife Kenya, they were very good and our driver Joshua really knew his stuff!! Think the main man running it is Anthony who is really nice. They pick you up from your hotel etc xx

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

Please let me know what happens, i have just transferd over £200 yesterday and i am very nervous as he didnt e-mail me back either and usually he is very quick.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

There were a couple of times when I emailed more than once as I didnt get a reply. Also seemed to take ages to receive the confirmation from them that they had received my money.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
663 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

Well Anthony has been very speedy with his replies, he has done me a deal that i'm happy with but i have just got a few more quotes to come back in, most of the others seem to not offer child discounts if you want sole occupancy of the safari van.

Has any one got any info on the red elephant safari lodge in tsavo east ??

Thanks Deano

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

deano - 4 people in a van for a private trip shouldn't impact the cost p.p. that much. Operators don't make much on the rooms, as you might guess. Their real business is transportation, and if they can get the van on the road at a cost per day they will accept, they'll do it. An operator in Mombasa doing trips in Tsavo will be comfortable with a vehicle cost of $200-$250 per day, or 100=125 GBP. You won't know exactly how much he's figuring for the vehicle & driver/guide, but that's an idea. Add park fees, lodging, and you can estimate what the cost should be.

9. Re: Wildlife - kenya . org

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 07:18