We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to now?

Oxford
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to now?

So we have had the holiday of a life time at Voyager and the kids want to match it, but some where else? Where does everyone suggest to better Voyager, we will be 3 15yr olds,1 11 yr old and us 2, the Voyager fitted absolutly perfectly with all our individual needs, but we want to see other places?

I look forward to hearing from you all

Hazlac

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to now?

Hi,

you might want to try turtlebay beach club watamu,fantastic place.

agy

Gateshead
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to now?

Weve absolutley loved Margarita Island of the coast of Venezula,

but not having been to the Voyager in Kenya as of yet, I couldnt comment on how they compare.

Phil

Mid Glamorgan
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to now?

Hi Phil,

I agree with you about Margarita Island, it's great isn't it, we came back last week.

Tell you what though, you'll have a fantastic time in Kenya, we were out there last year, did the four day safari, and we're still looking for somewhere to beat it. The people are all so happy, always smiling even though they haven't got much.

Wendy

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to now?

I can also recommend Margarita Island. We were there in March this year and stayed at the Laguna Mar. Great hotel with plenty to do and great staff, food etc. There is also a great variety of things to do for the teens so have a look. I think you may be pleasantly suprised.

We came back from the Voyager a couple of weeks ago and agree that is it hard to find better, but we think the Laguna Mar equals it.

If you want any further infor, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sue

Nairobi
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to now?

You can never beat Kenya anytime. I would recommend a mixed trip say stay at the mombasa (serena Beach) and then ask them to include you in another location like to tsavo (this will be a car's drive or you can be flown to mara mara (in masai serena) for a safari this combination will make your stay in Kenya memorable.

I had a great time at the mara but it depends on the kids interest.

I have not been to margarita but I know a Kenyan trip is hard to beat anytime.

Plymouth, Devon
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to now?

yes, Margarita is fab and we stayed at the Laguna Mar too. Off to kenya in jan and hope it matches our last margarita hol!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to now?

A question we asked ourselves too! Tried China this year but it wasn't a patch on the fun we had in Kenya - not even remotely close actually. We are giving India a try next year, bit of culture and some 'tiger spotting' as we loved the whole 'safari' experience so much.

I think you may be hard pressed to top Kenya (we are).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to now?

Hi there hazlac.

If you want somewhere on par with Kenya, which is very hard i would look at Cuba. I went last year to Breezes jibacoa and loved it.

if you want to stay in Kenya i would have to say Turtle Bay Beach club, only because i have been twice and nowhere else yet.

Hope this helps

Mick

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,223 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to now?

When we've gone to other destinations we find ourselves comparing things to Kenya. Personally, I can't think of any better place and have now given up the idea of finding eutopia as Kenya is mine!

coventry
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to now?

Hi

Just got back from the Voyager where we did a 4 day air safari to the mara intrepids and sorry but im still in a daze just wanting to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations