We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

south coast, wonderful taxi driver

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
south coast, wonderful taxi driver

we are just back from our holidays and would like to tell everyone about John our taxi driver, he took us out every other day and made our time in Mombasa special with his knowledge of the local area, we visited a school and an orphanage that John believes deserves all the help they can get. We went to a real african tribel village to see an african tribel dance and also how they lived He takes his work very seriously and wants you to enjoy mombasa and we gave him a tip at the end of our holiday to show our apreciation so he can put it into his car fund, he is working towards someday owning his own car and working for himself If any one should want his number just give me your email address and i will forward it on

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: south coast, wonderful taxi driver

We also used John on our trips and we gave a good tip at the end to show our apreciation for his car fund. He was a very good taxi driver ,you felt safe with him where ever you went.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: south coast, wonderful taxi driver

Very possitive feedback!

John is in The South Coast Diani

For the North Coast I have another honest loyal Taxi driver availble if you need the numbers use the PM box

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: south coast, wonderful taxi driver

Great to here everyones experience with John, he really is a wonderful man can't wait to see him again in Feb he is taking us to his village in East Tsavo for a couple of days. I understand the car fund is going very well and hopefully he will be nearly there by the time we get back out there. If anybody wants his telephone number just send me an email and we can put you in touch my email is office@racingrevelations.co.uk. This will be our 3rd year using John and he will be picking us up from the airport when we return in Feb

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: south coast, wonderful taxi driver

Just bouncing this back to the top, anyone going to diani should know about John he will really look after you. Anyone going to the North cost should contact Drakedrum she has a contact there

London
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: south coast, wonderful taxi driver

Hi, we are going on Weds 31st Dec to Mombasa for a funeral and really need a taxi driver, would be grateful for contact details for John or anyone else you know. Many thanks.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: south coast, wonderful taxi driver

send us an email office@racingrevelations.co.uk or pm us and we will give you johns number he will really look after you, my patterdale is attacking me

skippies mob

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: south coast, wonderful taxi driver

Just to let you all know John does now have his own car and works for himself, his taxi company is known as Cobra Taxis. He works so hard to make a good life for his family and regularly visits the Diani Childrens Village, with or without tourists to make sure everything is ok.

We will be visiting again if feb and John is taking us to Voi for a couple of days and will be staying with us, then we will be heading down to Diani to visit the children in the orphanage.

John works so hard to make a living for his family and is still paying off the loan for his car, but never takes advantage of anyone, he is a loyal friend, who will always have our upmost respect

Skippies Mob

Mentioned in this post
Voi
Voi
Coast Province, Kenya
8. Re: south coast, wonderful taxi driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations