We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will i go in march

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
will i go in march

me and my wife are supposed to be going back to kenya in march,on the 8th,although i am not holding my breath,what chance do people think i've got of going?

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will i go in march

How long is a piece of string????????Hopefully i think the next week should be a turning point one way or the other, at least, that is what i am hoping

blackburn
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: will i go in march

my wife and i are supposed to travel on 28th jan, i'm pretty sure we wont be going, this situation will not be resolved in a matter of weeks. i really hope it does for your sake. good luck

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
947 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will i go in march

i whould think it will be ok by march fingers crossed

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: will i go in march

ODM, which is the oppostion party has demanded new elections in three months time, but the Government has refused so far. If Kofi Annan's mediation next week result in an agreement, it could happen that new elections will be held around beginning of April. I believe that both parties would encourage their followers to take it easy before the elections, so may be going in Feb/March is better than going in April when you could end up in the same situation as now. My point is that all depend on the outcome of negotiatons. I still have my ticket on 25 Jan and will go if the parties agree. Follow news on www.allfrica.com

wigan uk
Level Contributor
718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will i go in march

We were due to go in march - but we have bitten the bullet and transfered the holiday before the charges go up and the flights are all full.

We were able to transfer the holiday for a cost of £20 each and we wanted 4 seats to go to Mexico - there were only 2 available - but they managed to find us 2 more - hopefully they may be upgraded!

We just didn't want to be left with 72 hours notice and nowhere to go. It would not be so bad if you can change your holidays to another time - but ours are set and if nothing is booked it would mean 3 weeks at home!!!

warrington
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: will i go in march

Hi Garry,

We are also meant to be going on the 8th from gatwick - for our wedding!! We're really not sure what to do at the moment, whether to transfer or hold out in the hope that things may be back on. We're meant to be going to the Voayger in Nyali - what about you?

Berkshire, UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: will i go in march

we're due to go in March. Not holding out much hope so I've chosen some alternative destinations in case we are cancellled. I don't think that this will be resolved quickly and I don't think the FCO will change their advice any time soon.

wigan uk
Level Contributor
718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: will i go in march

Its ok choosing alternatives but it will depend very much on how late they tell you whether or not you are going and then what holidays will still be available. Remember Easter is in the middle of March and as it is so early the easter holidays may well run towards the end of march and that will make holidays even more scarce.

As I said we have our holidays set and if we left it too late I don't think we would have got anywhere and 3 weeks in Wigan is no ones idea of a holiday!!!!!

We were booked with First choice and i have to say they have been really helpful with all the changes - we had paid our balance and we were very concerned that we would lose a lot - but as it was more than 56 days before the holiday we only paid £20 each to transfer to another holiday - we picked Mexico - and we were very fortunate to be able to get 3 weeks. We had a safari in Tanzania booked - we did it last year too - and we were really looking forward to it - we will go back to Kenya - but only when it is definately safe and when we will be able to have an enjoyable holiday.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: will i go in march

GO! GO! GO!

If your travel company cancels? re-book with a scheduled airline and carry on camping!!!!!!

Did I mention that I have 6 weeks to go and then wooo heee I am back again in one of the most wonderful beautiful countries in the world, being met by the fabulous bunch of children xxx with the biggest smiles your ever likly to see in the homes.

anyway I have just paid out £9 for some new heels on my dancing shoes and I intend to wear them out.....

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: will i go in march

Here here Edna. Once bitten by the bug nothing keeps you away from God's country. Their suffering is my suffering and I feel for those who at the moment have had their lives thrown in to turmoil. I don't want to let my friends down and will do everything I can to still go, like you, end of Feb. The children beckon and must all wonder why so few visiotrs are going to see them. Hope they realise we haven't deserted them. We make our decisions as individuals and I respect those that choose not to go. Just hope they can understand our choice to still go and respect that we do know what we are doing.

Dani