We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somak holidays

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Somak holidays

I had a trip to Kenya booked with First Choice which as we all know was cancelled. I desperately wanted to still go, not only to see the children but it was to be a special trip. Celebrating 2 birthdays etc. I had booked a safari with Somak when I was last out there, it keeps some money in the country as opposed to paying here. I re-booked the flight and hotel with Somak Harrow. They have been great, the safari had to be all re-arranged due to the problems in Naivasha. They came up with a brillient compromise, were helpful and understanding of our needs. Now looking forward to 3 weeks in the most beautiful place I know. Hope the rest of the devottees are as fortunate as we have been. Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Danielle

shropshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Somak holidays

Hi Danielle, when do you fly out?? I was also in the same boat and was determined to rebook following the cancellation of our wedding. We have been fortunate and all our original dates have been transferred, we fly out on Monday for 3 weeks.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somak holidays

Hi there. We fly out on 21st, arrive 22nd February. We are staying at Whitesands, where are you staying? Congratulations on the wedding, what a fabulous place to tie the knot. Have you been before?

Danielle

shropshire
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Somak holidays

We are staying at the voyager, we have not been to Kenya before and excitement has now set in. I am busy trying to get everything sorted that was put on hold following the 1st cancellation.. I'll be a Mrs by the time you arrive!

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somak holidays

I agree, I too was in a similar situation with Somak and they sorted it out perfectly for me...I have infact been using the company for many years...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Somak holidays

I know Somak have got a very good reputation.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Somak holidays

Hi folks. Glad to hear you have all had the same good service from Somak as I have for many years. We have just returned from another trip (6 weeks) and Effie in the Mombasa office was fantastic. Nothing to much trouble and making everything easy for us. It's nice to be able to rely on and recommend a company and get positive feed back. Will be there in September for another 6 weeks and will again be at Somak House to visit all my good friends there. I know they will be happy to hear of these postings.

Danielle

7. Re: Somak holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 16:19