We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air charter flights to resume operations

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Air charter flights to resume operations

A little good news......

www.eastandard.net/business/…

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

So from the UK who will be the charters?

Im guessing :

Monarch & First Choice

Wyllie South Wales
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

was surposed to go with Monach in Feb but they ended up cancelling all there flights till June/July

According to what a Kuoni rep told me earlier this mth all there flights to Kenya when their 2009 broucher comes out all flights with them will be with Kenyan Airways (lets wait and see) and will be from Heathrow

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

Monarch started their flights a couple of weeks ago. First Choice is Jume 2nd I believe

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

malla surely it ould be more challenging to guess thse from other countries as ours was pretty much a given on who it would be. I'll go 1st -

Germany -Condor, LTU International, African Safari Airways, Air Berlin & Maybe Edelweiss Airways(who usually go from Zurich).

Italy - Obviously Blue Panorama, Eurofly, Neos and Air Italy

Scandinavia - My Travel

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

First Choice are definatly resuming their charter flight from the 15th June 2008

there are 103 booked into the Bamburi...90 into the Travellers that is for sure !!!!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

Anglo ahhhh not so...i dont give a monkeys about those Europeans am more concerned how i will get there from Blighty :-)

So First choice and Monarch it is then and do i go 9th or 16th of June? Now thats a dilemma.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

It will have to be Monarch as First Choice are not flying until the 15th July !!!!!!

Now I have just flown with Monaarch and may I say from check in to going on board - going over and my return Journey it was a PLEASURE.....

Granted I had an up grade but on walking back through ecomnomy class I did spot quite a number of roomier seats ...

The service from the Air crew was superb...food was fresh hot/cold // and ooodle of it..with plenty of drinks being constantly offered ...

The toilets were kept in a very clean condition with one of the poor crew having to perform an EXTRA

duty in the toilet after a particulary dirty person missed the pan?????

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

Hi Edna

What was the baggage allowance, know someone who is looking to go on 9th June flight but they have no idea of baggage allowance. Good to see you back on TA, we have missed you!

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

If you book a charter package deal [ Kuoni or Thonpson] it is 20kgs economy and 30 kgs for the upgrade + 5 kgs hand luggage

If you book with an agent travelup [ as i did ] - Somak or independently I had 45kgs -up grade or 30 economy plus the hand luggage ...but the staff in the checking desk were excellent and I took 105 kgs...

Sheffield
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air charter flights to resume operations

Im going with Monarch, booked with Kuoni, on Monday 26th May and have been given 45kg baggage in premium