We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying for a hotel direct in Mombasa

sheffield
Level Contributor
26 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Paying for a hotel direct in Mombasa

My wife and I are going on an overland safari in July and want to have 4 nights in Mombasa at the end of the trip. We have booked our flights from Nairobi to Mombasa and have found a very nice hotel called Kenya Bay Beach Hotel in Bamburi.

The only query is that they require payment via bank transfer from any UK Barclays Bank but the payment is made to a London Citibank then goes to the hotels booking office in Nairobi with funds then directed to the hotel's bank in Mombasa. There is no reason to think this is a scam as their location, website and phone numbers all tally but it just seems a bit bizarre to go through 3 banks. Has anyone else had this problem with booking directly to a hotel in Kenya?

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying for a hotel direct in Mombasa

I booked for Whitesands and emailed a copy of my debit card and a letter (signed) to give them permission to take x amount from the card. This showed correctly on my bank statement. No extra charges.

2. Re: Paying for a hotel direct in Mombasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa