We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galdessa Camp ???

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Topic
Galdessa Camp ???

Has anyone been to Galdessa Camp? based in Tsavo East, I'm hoping to book a two day safari with DM Tours

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galdessa Camp ???

No, but does look really, really nice. Have a look at africanmeccasafaris.com/kenya/safaris/lodges… - they have some video footage on here too. Also just found this post on www.holidaytruths.co.uk under "other destination" forum - use the search option. May be worthwhile sending a PM to the poster (Impala) to ask for some more info:

impala

210 HTPoints

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:25 pm Post subject: African safari club and kenya holiday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

The flamingo beach hotel is one of the better hotels that AFC own.We have also been looking at the main july /august season for next year and compared to other holiday companies prices they are always the cheapest.Who else can you go with main season for 2 weeks for ��749 pounds F/B?

I would definitley use them for the main season.

The free flying safari you get is brilliant.

It was the one thing about them that we couldn`t fault.

We stayed at their crocodile camp in Tsavo and apart from galdessa that is now out of our price range it is one of the best places we have been to.The lodges are better than their hotels.

sue

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Galdessa Camp ???

Many thanks for the info,I agree the pic are very good.I have been on the holiday truth website before but not looking for the info on galdessa I'l give it a try.Do you think it's best to book in advance for the safari or wait till we arrive?(going end of august )

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galdessa Camp ???

Def before you go. I was going to book when arrive this time but decided to make some tentaive enquiries first and found out that the first 4 lodges/camps in the Masai I wanted to book were already fully booked. Jul-Sept is peak season for game viewing because of the migration. My personal advice would be book before you go but preferably through a reputable local tour operator where the prices are usually cheaper. I booked through DM - no problems - great guy.

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Galdessa Camp ???

I dont think we will have the same problem as the destination is Tsavo East,I'll email DM Tours and get a price!

Yellow fever jabs tomorrow YUK!

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galdessa Camp ???

That's good - don't forget the review when you get back - looks like a great place and would love to hear about it!

YF not too bad - it's more painful to the wallet than the body ;-)

Have a great time!!!