We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

cardiff/wales
Level Contributor
366 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

While in Kenya, our Kuoni rep told us that as from September they will not be using Monarch Because of their unreliable record. BA or Kenyan Airways will be used.Wonder if that will put up the prices?

At the moment there is a once weekly direct flight to Mombasa from London, with Kenyan airways but that will stop shortly leaving no direct flight to mombasa from the Uk!!!

Hope that when business picks up again they will resume the direct flights once again...

Wyllie South Wales
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

was told this last May when I phoned for price for next Feb all there flights will be with Kenya Airways from Heathrow and youll have to change in Nairobi for onward flight to Mombassa and a warning for this youll have to collect lugage in Nairobi for the transfere to internal departures but coming back it is automatically transfered to your international flight

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

Have just spoke to Gateway (part of Somak i Think) who have said they will not be using Monarch after November this year, she also said that Gateway/Somak would no longer be doing flight only & that all flights will be via Nairobi with KA.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

Now that is a blow ! we have used gateway and somak for many flight only deals, this will only mean an increase in cost for us, however it won't stop us from visiting but I might have to miss out on a days fishing :-(

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

I had heard that Somak were considering closing their Mombasa office so maybe its all tied in.

Shame as they are one of the better operators and their prices were competitive.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

I will try and find out about Mombasa office for Somak. They are kept very busy there and Somak House is a fantastic building. I agree they are fabulous and I would not like to see it close. My friend is Office Manager there and helps us a lot with Tumaini Home so am going to email and ask if she knows anything about it.

Danielle

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

No worries. Somak Mombasa isn't going, phew, that's a relief. Had a reply from the office manager this morning.

Danielle

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

Hi Smudger

Dont know where you usually fly from but got some really good prices with Thompsonfly direct from Manchester in September & November, only problem is the luggage allowance is only 15kg hold & 5kg hand but otherwise a direct flight for about £360 return.

8. Re: Kuoni Pull out of using Monarch Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations