We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manchester airport lounge

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
manchester airport lounge

as anyone used a lounge at manchester airport before,we arrive 5 hrs before our flight but told you can check into lounge 3hrs before flight so does that mean you roughly get 2 and a half hrs in the lounge.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manchester airport lounge

bump

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: manchester airport lounge

If it's the same as Heathrow (and I assume most of them follow the same rules), I usually go in three hours before I have to go to the gate. e.g. flight at 19.00 so I go to loung at 16.00. I've been in 3and half hours before and they've been OK.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manchester airport lounge

how does that work as manchester airport also 3 hrs before flight,our flight is 20.00hrs so lounge valid from 17.00hrs,so would we just be cheeky turn up at 16.30hrs and ask if room at the inn lol

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: manchester airport lounge

I think you will find you can go in about a couple of hours earlier before take off if it is not busy and the receptionist is in a good mood !!!

normally at Gatwick/ heathrow we have been let in st 3.30 and 4pm// for FC departure at 8 oclock

you walk to the departure lounge about 1/2 to 1 hour before take off anyway so if your flight is 10.00 about 6 o`clock you should be admitted

if you decide to take this option dont forget the snacks and drinks !!!!!!!!!!!!

look on the top shelf for the Strawberry power bars!

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: manchester airport lounge

we,ve booked the airport lounges for a nice change,as fly 8 times from manchester in the last 5 years and bored of looking at the same things lol,so thought we,d treat ourselves.flight is at 8 and ticket says 5 earliest check in but will try our luck by arriveing around 4 as get to manchester around 3pm.strawberry power bars yum yum will look out for them i wonder if i could sneak some onto the plane for later lol,as for drinks i,ll have one or two but that,s my limit as rumor as it each pint equal to 3 pints when in the air lol

Wirral
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: manchester airport lounge

The lounge's at Manchester are all 'Airside' so you cannot get to them untill after you have checked in, and past through security. If the check in gate dosnt open till 5pm (which it dosnt), you will not be able to reach the lounge till 5.30pm and that's assuming you are first in the check in queue.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: manchester airport lounge

you have a point there but alot depends on the airlines as we fly with first choice in jan and arrived nearly 4hrs before our flight and they where already checking people in.

Bedfordshire, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: manchester airport lounge

We have a priorty pass so get free lounge access all over the world.

Last time I flew from Manchester (to Maldives 18m ago) was also on a FC flight and no problem with early check in as their check-ins normally tend to open pretty much all day and will take any flights going that day.

All the lounges tend to be pretty flexible on time spent there and early check in etc as long as they are not very busy which is when they tend to start policing the rules.

The lounge at Manchester was fairly modern, bright and well equipped and stocked with the basic usual snacks and drinks which kept the kids happy.

Just a word of warning though. Like others, we usually grab a couple of cans and snacks and pop into our bag (if not flying premium) although you will note that all loungs do actually clearly state that the refreshments are for consumption in the lounge only and should not be taken out. When we flew from Luton airport on a FC short haul last August we were in the lounge on our own whilst the kids wandered the airport so we put a few cans in our hand baggage for the kids on the plane. When I got up to go to the loo, one of the lounge staff came up to me and informed me that she had been watching us on the CCTV and seen we had put 4 mini cans of coke in our bag and that we were not allowed to do so and if she saw us doing anything like that again, we would be asked to leave.

OMG! I could have died with embarassment! Afterwards though I was pretty angry realising that they had been sat there "spying" on us - albeit, hands up - we did wrong - but even so!

Anyway, just to warn you - be careful if it looks as though they may have CCTV cameras on the ceilings (which I had not previously noticed).

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: manchester airport lounge

I've used the airport lounge at Mcr twice and the first time it was fine and the receptionist was really helpful and let us in three hours before our flight.

The second time however, different story... the receptionist provided the worst customer service ever experienced - there were four of us travelling and we all agreed it was awful. Rude, obnoxious and difficult doesn't even begin to cover it. We weren't even early, arriving 1.5 hours before our flight.

Therefore I would say it's pot luck as to whether you'll be allowed in or not. They do have extra rooms they can open up so there should be enough space to let you in, I believe it really does depend on the staff on the day.

10. Re: manchester airport lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 03:18