We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FAQs - Currency

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,218 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
FAQs - Currency

Hi All,

As someone who has used TA for years to search and research, but has recently joined, I'm amazed how people don't use the search facility and just post a question straight away.

I'm amazed the old hands (forgive the old) don't get fed up with answering the same questions.

So if you'll forgive my presumption I've set up an inside page to address one of the commonest general questions on here. I've raided previous threads for this, so I hope you don't mind if I've used your stuff.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294210-c99830/Momb…

Please feel free to update / amend.

If its any use I will do the same for vaccinations and malaria tabs when I get time

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FAQs - Currency

But you are taking all the fun out it.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FAQs - Currency

as an "old Hand" and very proud of it ( NO OFFENCE TAKEN ) some posters like to have the personal touch - no pun intended - what is right for one is never right for another so I for one hope the questions keep coming

But I hope also that the inside page is used as there are good answers on there

I never get fed up talking - thinking - dreaming & writing about this wonderful beautiful African Country -- Kenya ....

bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,019 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FAQs - Currency

Me too - I'm the person that I would dread sitting next to on a long flight! I'm sure friends and family welcome me spouting off on TA as it releases them from listening!

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FAQs - Currency

I'm with you Edna. Being as passionate as we are about Kenya, the people, children and life in general in our loved Kenya, we love trying to help new comers. It has also enabled me to meet people a from all over the world who feel the same about Kenya.We have managed to meet up keep in contact and share experiences. Support each other when needed etc. Looking forward to meeting Pasty Edna this year.

What more do I need from the site.

However some people may agree with you and therefore it could be useful to them.

Danielle

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FAQs - Currency

Danielle .. crafty girl ...Oh come over for a cuppa????

bet your ready with the flour meat etc:: at the top of the steps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better make room on the balcony for a few other TA members

hope the airline gives me extra luggage for the Turnip!!

oh any agricultural customs officer out there ?

ITS A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FAQs - Currency

Having heard about your excellent cooking I am cooncerned and hope I'm up to standard,How about Shepherds Pie, Spag bol etc. Am keeping you to the visit also Brian and any other TA's. Wow what a party sweetie.

xx

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FAQs - Currency

I "WILL" get my pastie sometime this year. I'm sure of it ! and i'm bringing my best Kenyan pastie taster with me Edna, I know you will surpass all expectations

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FAQs - Currency

Sssssssssssh careful..... Not too loud - I could get arested for NOT having a work permit ,, ,and the "Mombasa free hotel" only comes with a bucket and a bail of straw !!!!!!!ugh!!

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FAQs - Currency

Sssssssssssh careful..... Not too loud - I could get arrested for NOT having a work permit ,, ,and the "Mombasa free hotel" only comes with a bucket [no paper] and a bail of straw [ no sheets] !!!!!!!ugh!!

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FAQs - Currency

what the *(&^% is happening to this flipping web site ....

I am stone cold sober -have the correct specs on the end of my nose and can follow instructions gggggrrrr

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations