We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa+exchange rate

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
braintree
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
visa+exchange rate

Hi all,i have read a lot of advise on this site about the cost of the visa to get in to kenya.Current cost $50 or £30 i think.If in fact that is the cost at mombassa airport then there is very little difference in paying in £ or $,because the pound is performing really badly at the moment and could get worse, current exchange rate $1.7 to £1

By my calculation that would mean at the moment you would get $51 for £30.in a few weeks time there may well be no difference at all.Q1 Do the cost of the visas stay the same at the airport ? Q2 Or do they adjust them by the exchange rate ? It is a bit shocking at the moment when you think a month ago

the pound was near to 2 dollars. I think at the moment i will not change any money before i go and just change to kenyan shillings when i get there. Any thoughts or advise would be grateful.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa+exchange rate

Hi,

yes your right in its not worth changing your money to get a visa anymore with the current excahnge rate.

The visa price is static and does not change. Its 50bucks or 30quid.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa+exchange rate

Please remember you cannot pay your visa in KENYAN SHILLINGS....stirling - dollars or euros......

Thankfully with a bit of hindsight I bought several hundred pounds worth in May !!!! so the Tuskers certainly will be on me !!!!

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa+exchange rate

SORRY what a pillock ..that should have read ......

YOU CAN pay the visa in stirling .dollars and euros ...

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa+exchange rate

Anybody know how many Euros for the visa?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa+exchange rate

Hi,

Its €40

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa+exchange rate

thank you ,that's some more of those dreaded euros I can get rid of.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa+exchange rate

I'm travelling with First Choice in October to Voyager. I was told when I booked the holiday that all visas etc were included in the price of the holiday, could anyone clarify this?

Thanks

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visa+exchange rate

First Choice do not include the £30 Visa cost in their prices .... what is included ( until 1st November ) is the exit tax of £11 ..

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: visa+exchange rate

I received my paperwork from Thomsons and it stated that visa's were not required. It was only because I come on this forum that I learned that visa's are needed. I phoned them and complained but they fobbed me off and didn't offer any kind of reimbursent. In future I will check Trip Advisor as some of the holiday companies are less knowledgeable. lol!

10. Re: visa+exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 02:17