We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on booking visas in advance

exmouthtourists
Level Contributor
213 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Info on booking visas in advance

Hi looking for any usful tips and info on booking visas in advance, we fly on the 5th Dec when and how should we be going about this ???

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,129 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

I don't see any point in obtaining your visa in advance. Just download the form, complete at home so that you bypass the scramble for pens, hand it with your cash and passport to immigration - simple.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

I second that advice --waste of time money and worrying about getting the passports back..

download--fill in the form - pass this and your money over to the immigration officer ...

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

The advantage to me of arranging visa in advance is financial. I go about 3 or 4 times a year so get a multi visa. This cost £60 and do save money. My multi visa expires 5 days after arriving in Jan 09, contacted the Kenya High commission and told as long as it is in date on arrive date I can stay up to 3 months and will be covered. Another benefit for me. Will have to see how this works when there... Also it uses up one page of passport and not 4 so passport should last longer.

Danielle

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

If you're only going on a single trip to Kenya within the next 12 months then I would agree that getting the visa at the airport is a lot less hassle. We go more than once so we get a multitrip visa which you have to send for. You can download the forms from the Kenya High Commission UK website (or Kenya Airways website if the application is working), send the completed forms and passports with postal orders/cheque issued by your bank or building society for the cost of the visa in a recorded (or is that registered?) envelope, enclosing a recorded/registered return envelope. They are usally back within a week or so. Alternatively, you can visit the High Commission in person and collect the passports/visas a few days later. This applies to single/multi/transit visas equally.

Bet you'll be getting them at the airport!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

We only go to Kenya once a year but always get our visa in advance it does save time at the airport, download the form from the Kenya High Commission web site, one per person and send it off with your passport, usually come back very promptly and we have never had a problem

bankmoss27
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

Can anyone advise if one postal order/cheque is acceptable for all in the party or do they require one per applicant?

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

If you are sending all applications together then one postal order or cheque is fine, also one return envelope.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

We only go to Kenya once a year but always get our visa in advance. It does save time at the airport, which can be a scramble when you arrive. Download the form from the Kenya High Commission web site, one per person and send it off with your passport, appropriate funds and return envelope. It usually comes back very promptly and we have never had any problems. Hope that helps.

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
971 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

Roger54 - you sound remarkably like Skipman! I thought Skippie had double-posted there.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Info on booking visas in advance

For personal visa applications it is cash only. For postal applications it is either postal order, bankers draft or building society cheque. Personal cheques are not acceptable.

Danielle