We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you.......

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you.......

to all of you who replies to my questions regarding our first trip to Kenya.

We loved it, the Voyager looked after us all very well. Food good, grounds lovely, staff fantastic, rooms could do with a little T L C but always clean and cool.

The Safari was probably one of the most fantastic things I have ever done, so much so we will return to see more ( JT safaris, Tito was the driver, great guy )

Fishing not to successful but the guys were happy enough ( John & Ken Rodwell ) the crew we so disappointed they stayed out for an extra hour, free!! I call that service as they say " That's why it's called Fishing not Catching ".

Sorry to say but I found some of the beach boys a pain in the proverbial, being a beach lover I did find it frustrating not being able to use the beach as I normally would. However, no way would this deter me from staying at the Voyager again.

Arrived back on Tuesday and have not been warm since.

Anyway thanks again guys very grateful to you all for

prompt and informative feedback.

Regards

Jane

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you.......

Very nice to see you have had a wonderful time and not let the beachy boys ruin it for you.

Few galsses of wine ..snuggly blanket and cuddle up looking through your pictures will soon warm you up ..

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you.......

Galsses ???????? looks like I have been trying this out! sorry meant to write glasses

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you.......

And start planning your next trip. Counting off the days/weeks on the calendar helps with the post holiday blues.

Maybe book a superior room next time - we prefer them, especially the sea facing superiors.

South West England...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you.......

You been on the wine or needing a pair of specs?

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you.......

Oh T I tried to write this without the darn things !! not so clever at 21yrs old !!!!!

almost packed by the way and only 12 more days to feel that HOT African sunshine on my cold goosepimply flesh...breathe in those warm dusty heady animal smells instead of wet mouldy dampness and gracefully lift the arm to down that Ice Cold - frosted glass of Tusker in three swift swallows ..[ or is that sparrows.]

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank you.......

Tembofan

We did have a superior ocean view room in the 200 block the and view was spectacular. We were quite happy. It just could do with a refresh. I'm not critising, they are tidying the exterior of this block and replacing the air con units so maybe the interiors will be next.

Regards

Jane

South West England...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank you.......

We usually have a room in Deck A, same level and next to the massage parlour and lookout bar - I think they are number 600 and something. Were you overlooking the relax pool?

South West England...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,234 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thank you.......

Sorry, forgot to add that I'm going to ignore the previous poster who is obviously taking great delight in rubbing in the fact that she is going on holiday very soon while we are shivering our chestnuts off!

Middlesex
Level Contributor
999 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thank you.......

Dorsetjane wrote <<<<<We did have a superior ocean view room in the 200 block the and view was spectacular. We were quite happy. It just could do with a refresh. I'm not critising, they are tidying the exterior of this block and replacing the air con units so maybe the interiors will be next. >>>>>

I agree with you Jane, as we were there the same time as you, probabaly spoke to you lol, we had a marvelous time, but it does need a bit of TLC.

some of the grids at the each of the pool were broken, I stood on them to go into the pool, and my foot went right down the hole, I did cut my foot, and I could have caused a scene, or complained, but I couldnt, as the staff and everyone are so nice, and had a great time, I wouldnt cause a fuss.

Yes, and the Beachboys...., read my post and everyone elses on the 'death knell of the beachboys' it was hell on earth, but saying that, I would go back in a heartbeat, but would learn to speak Welsh first, (speaking Welsh seems to do the trick) lol

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thank you.......

tembofan

I also an ignoring previous poster. Very jealous indeed if only I had won the lottery yesterday.....

Our room was to the right of the pool 2nd floor in the second block I will post a picture when I do my review.

The view with a full moon on the water was just..... Oh well YOU know.

Jane

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa