We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tumaini Orphanage - contact numbers?

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
essex, england
2 posts
Save Topic
Tumaini Orphanage - contact numbers?

Hi all!

i am very interested in going to the orphanage and helping as a volenteer for a month or two. i am struggling to get in contact with joan or any of the team, does any body have a contact address, telephone number or emal address?? any of these would be great. i plan to go out next summer but if i cant get in contact with her i will have to put if off until next year as i am currantly at university.

thank you

abi smith

milton keynes
Level Contributor
807 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tumaini Orphanage - contact numbers?

hi I am sending you a private message. I am a trustee of Tumaini.

Danielle

sutton coldfield
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Tumaini Orphanage - contact numbers?

hi there i am expecting a baby any day now and have a three year old son, i have been bought alot of clothes for my new baby some of which wont be used do you accept donations in the form of NEW toys and clothes??? could you please advise me.

please email me at crafteecraving@hotmail.co.uk

i would like to get my little lad into donating and maybe sending a parcel everynow and again full of useful resourses such as pencils card paper toys etc.

i watched joan and her team on jeremy kyle yesterday and havent stopped thinking about her and what shes doing for them children.

a local school nearby send boxes each year to other places but i would like to forward our gift to help you guys out, i wouldnt expect any letters in return or anything i just simply want to get my son involved to show him some children arent so fortunate as he is.

joan and the team have changed each and everyone of those childrens lives forever and thats a wonderful thing, congratulations to you all.

i do hope to hear from you in the near future.

many thanks

miss A swain

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tumaini Orphanage - contact numbers?

Congratulation on your new arrival !

This again pains me to tell you and anyone else thinking of sending a parcel out to Kenya - unless someone is prepared to take these items out for you the chances of the home recieiving these items are very remote ....

either through pifering - or the stupid amount of customs duty to be paid which would be a bit of a drain on the funds ...

I have left an email for you in your message box

perhaps this man can offer you another alternative to get these items over

cornwall
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tumaini Orphanage - contact numbers?

Hi I am very interested in volunteering at the orphanage sometime in 2009. I am at present a nursery school owner and will shortly be selling up and would love to continue my work with children.I have experience of working with children and families with HIV/Aids.

I would love a contact email address and any information that I could read up on.

many thanks

jude barkley.

Manchester
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tumaini Orphanage - contact numbers?

Danielle and I know each other well and I can get messages to Joan at Tumaini.

I also go out to Mombasa regularly.

Joan is not on e-mail but if you wish to send a message to her I can get it delivered through the Headteacher at Mikoroshoni Primary School.

To contact me go to our web page

www.mikoroshoniprimaryschool.org.uk

John B.

6. Re: Tumaini Orphanage - contact numbers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 10:17