We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who do you recommend then guys ?

wales
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Topic
who do you recommend then guys ?

In your experience , who would you advise to go with for a 3day two night tsavo east/west safari ???

Best Value, service, trip ,staff and lodgings.

Who overall would you recommend to me ?

I know theres lists on here of recommended people, but i think its better if i get some ideas from the guys who have experienced it !!!!!

cheers xxxxxxxxxxxx

yorkshire
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

hi, i would sugest you contact a few and compare the prices, we have two times used glorious safaris and again we are going with them this x mass time, havent found any problem with them and prices are reasonable. if that will help.

dorset uk
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

depends on what you expect from your safari - do a lot of internet research - most outfits have web sites and guest pages .. we used micssafaris based in diani/mombasa - keeps the money in the country .. sorted it before we went - emails and the odd phone call. paid a deposit and balance in kenya before we went on safari. you can choose any itinerary you want.. depends on type of lodge/camp from luxury to tents which also depends on how big your budget is.. but it is a once in lifetime trip maybe so go for the best you can afford and bring back fantastic memories - pay a little extra to have a van to yourselves.. we've had 3 on our own -all good and one with a young canadian couple which was also brilliant - they had the same interests as ourselves and we very patient .. i take lots of photos!! wewent to Ndololo- no fences and ensuite tents with fantastic beds (tsavo east)& ngulia bandas - fantastic views & waterhole - ask for room 6!! breakfast with a view to die for. (Tsavo west) & salt lick - a mini camelot on stilts and you can get soooo close to the animals by a waterhole - fantastic. or Galdessa which is like an out of africa experience .. and you visit lugard falls an amazing river and rock formation. i am sure every lodge has its own attraction - email miccsafaris and say you've been recommended .. Peter will put together a good package for you - at least that's a good starting point . Happy travels..

Scotland
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

For accommodation in Tsavo West, I'd recommend Kilaguni Serena Lodge, - I thought it was a really amazing place.

uk
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

depends who you use on where you are staying in kenta , which hotel

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

Hi,

from our personal experiences i can highly recommand Doc Wilfred Omae and his agency Kenyan Adventures & Beyond Safaris (KABS) to you. It is a small but very reputable company based in Diani. It is no problem for them if their clients are staying at the north or southcoast - they really take good care of them.

We made some smaller and three longer safaris with them (16 days) the last years and every safari has been great - from the beginning with the plannings until the end of safari. They are organizing our wedding in feb 09 and after it we will go with them on a 11 day honeymooner safari.

I would recommand you to take one camp and one lodge to get an experience with the two different accomodation types on safari.

As the others said - i would also recommand you the Voi Safari (not the Voi Wildlife) lodge because of its stunning view - you will never forget it. In Tsavo West i also would have an eye to the Severin Safari Camp. Great camp with a very reasonable price.

I can tell you - if your budget will allow it - try to add one more night. You won`t regret it. Maybe you add the named Salt Lick Lodge in the Taita Hills - also a fantastic lodge. Have been there on our fist safari and as i might add - we got addicted...

Wish you a nice trip

Bye

Chrissy

San Valentino di...
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

I can def recommomend Fred Muthengi. He was very helpful and trip was well organised. He met me for a meeting on my first day and was very prompt and friendly.

The safari was amazing, we stayed at Voi Lodge in East which was good value and had amazing views, but I would try and avoid Nguila.

London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

I would reccomend you go to a safari park in the UK, it will cost you both £20 each, you will save a fortune on a safari and see all the animals you would like to see at closer quarters. A giraffe is still a giraffe wherever you see it, and once you've seen one elephant you've seen them all. Otherwise, if you must go on a safari Julius won't let you down and a night at Finch Hattons should be on everybody's list to do before they die!

York
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

seriously lordsmudge? well we came back from kenya on the 2nd dec and whilst we were there we did a 3 night 4 day safari to tsavo east, west and amboseli and it was FANTASTIC. We booked with GLOURIOUS SAFARIS who were awesome. We booked in the UK, paid a deposit and then shadrack met us on our 1st night in the hotel to collect the balance, introduce our diver patrick and tell us our intinery. The communication was excellent. We paid £553 each but this included £200 each for a hot air balloon safari which glorious safaris organised. Turned out me and my fiance were the only people in the balloon, and apparantly it should have cost $1600 according to our american pilot. I highly recommend the balloon, it was one of the best things i have ever done. The safari was amazing and we had a safari bus all to ourselves. We stayed at our chosen lodges hacing researched them and just had to ay £23 extra to stay at Ol Tukai lodge. We also stayed at Kilaguni serena and Ashnil aruba. All lodges were fantastic. I would go back with glorious sfaris in a heartbeat and patrick our driver was the sweetest guy.

Ellie and Dan

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

I think lordsmudge was being a tad sarcastic :-)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,478 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: who do you recommend then guys ?

Ellie,

Click on the 'Report Inappropriate post' link, Then select 'Duplicate post' they'll delete it for you