We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkling

wales
Level Contributor
719 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
snorkling

Am I correct in thinking that you can go out on a glass bottom boat from the voyager and snorkle? Has anyone done this? What are the safety standards like? do they provide aids for pathetic swimmers like myself? do they provide masks and fins? Are children well catered for? Does the sea tend to be calm with good visibility? Are there extra charges?

Is it worth paying for a seperate snorkling trip?

Thanks folks

Alison

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkling

Hi

You are correct. There is a glass bottom boat from Voyager. You are fully briefed before you go on it. All kit is provided (mask, snorkel, fins and life jacket). Sounds pathetic but I use a life jacket as this enables me to just be lazy and float that way I've two hands free to use the camera. I'm very good swimmer but why do the hard work when you don't have to?? When in the water there is always a member of crew in there with you with a lifeguard ring. Go in the morning if you can and the sea will be a little calmer (keep an eye on the tides - it tends to be choppy near full moon) and no, that's not a joke! There is good visibility, you do a reef walk (sea urchins, sea cucumbers etc), first stop is where the tropical fish can be found, they feed them on bread and they will swim around you when you get in. Last stop is the starfish area -hundreds of them and they are quite beautiful. You will love it, children are well catered for as with anything at Voyager. The extra cost is (at the present moment) $15 each (not sure about discounts for kids - I don't have any rugrats!!) Book it and if you want more, then look at going elsewhere but give this a try first.

Hope this helps. Min x

wales
Level Contributor
719 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkling

Thanks for taking the time to reply min, that sounds fantastic

Alison

x

3. Re: snorkling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations