We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Nations- where can we see it???

North Wales
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 Nations- where can we see it???

Help,

Again I have managed to upset my partner!!

Again this year I have booked our holday during the 6 nations.

Last year we searched Sharm to watch the match.

This year I have booked 2 weeks at the Voyager, not only it is Wales v Ireland, but to make it worse its the final round.

Any idea where we will be able to watch the matches, especially the Wales one, it will be on saturday 21st March.

HELP please

Thanks

Yvonne

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,719 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

Hi,

The main local satellite provider DSTV is South African and its sports channels (Supersports) show rugby. There is also a relatively new competitor called G-Sports, most bars have Supersports, and many have G-sports. Would suggest you Google these and see if they mention the 6 nations

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

Correct, also you could contact Voyager before you go just to make sure!! While I was there just after Christmas, they were showing rugby matches (Union but hey, you can't win them all LOL)in the sports bar by the Kazkazi bar and sports pool. They'll have no problems putting the big screen on for you. Other than that, you could try Murphy's/Bob's bar at Nakumat which is the local shopping centre taxi return for 660 bob (Kenyan Shillings).

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

Most of the bars I have visited have satellite TV so they should have no problems gettign the rugby.

Only problem I could imagine is if the game is on at the same time as a football match. Most Kenyans are massive football fans so I don't think you would have much luck persuading them to watch the rugby instead...

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

Cardiff Arms Park you should see it there.

Wales
Level Contributor
693 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

Its a decent hotel they should have paid the extra for all the channels a lot of the bars are only bothered with the round ball. I once saw Wales v Scotland at Bamburi Beach hotel few years back which isn't bad as I wasn't staying there.

Soon as you get there pester them, they should have enough TVs to show it on at least one of them as had been sais above the South African channels give good coverage to Rugby Union.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,719 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

Hi,

You should be Ok - DSTV Supersports are showing the Heineken cup games live so they will probably show the 6 nations. The schedules on the website only go two weeks ahead but they do have the 6 nations on the site:

www.supersport.co.za/rugby/channel.aspx…

North Wales
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

Thank you all. Peace is between us again.

xxxxxx

Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
960 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

hi i have just e-mailed the mnarini hotel to find out if they have this channel hope they do as you think you got problems nwbs i will be away for the two big games of england and france.

never mind we will win anyway. and i will think of you as i get drunk watching ireland get hammered. lol

Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
960 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

have had an e-mail back from mnarini and they do have dstv in the tv room and i have just got to reserve the room for the rugby so i'm ok i hope.

North Wales
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 Nations- where can we see it???

Hi madascharley,

Not worried bout the other matches as I own a pub, so can watch them and get a few!! drinks (for free!)

he he, but didnt want to miss the last match tho. Hopefully we should be ok in our red tops XXXX

Enjoy

Yvonne xx

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa