We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

haller park

manchester
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
haller park

can anyone please tell me how for this is from the voyager and the price a taxi costs>

How much is the entrance fee?

Ive heard its very good!

London, England
Level Contributor
417 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: haller park

It's excellent! You can feed giraffes, watch hippos and crocodiles being fed, tickle the giant tortoises and see some other monkeys,antelopes, snakes etc.

Entrance is about 600 Kenyan Shillings per person. It is about 10 mins in a taxi from Bamburi / Voyager. Taxi prices tend to be negotiable, but usually 100 KSE per km, so best to ask (your hotel may organise a bus there, Bamburi Beach does for 200 KSE).

Usually, Giraffes are fed at 3pm (they give you food to give them), Hippos are fed at 4 (they come right out the water so excellent photo opportunity) and crocodiles at 4:30.

Well worth a visit.

Mentioned in this post
Bamburi
Bamburi
Mombasa, Kenya
Bamburi Beach
Bamburi Beach
360 Reviews
Mombasa, Kenya
wales
Level Contributor
720 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: haller park

Thats a good answer Faye, I was wondering wether to bother visiting, I thought it may be a bit tame after doing a safari, but you make it sound like real good fun, especially for the children

Alison

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: haller park

Make sure you have some water to drink and spray a bit of anti mozzy repellant around your ankles ..

Fancy a snack ? ....they do really nice chips .. .the "old Fashioned" taste ....

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,258 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: haller park

The entrance is almost opposite Nakumatt supermarket so if you fancy a nice stroll down a leafy suburban road then a 20 minute walk and you are there. Taxis charge about 700 shillings for the return trip.

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: haller park

It is nice to go for luch as they have a good, reasonably priced, restaurant there.

After lunch you can then start the 'tour' and feeding the animals.

Iver Heath, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: haller park

The resteraunt/bar was demolished late last year after a tree fell on it, as at mid December 08 they had not started any rebuilding work

London, England
Level Contributor
417 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: haller park

I was there last week and have to say didn't see any restaurant. They do have a small shop selling soft drinks and souvenirs, but that was all.

I did this before safari, but would still have gone after safari, great for kids and big kids like me ha ha. It's really nice to see the animals up close, but still in a natural environment. This is not like a zoo, they have plenty of space.

Kids will love it!

wales
Level Contributor
720 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: haller park

What no chips!!!!

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: haller park

Thanks for the info. folks.

Was at voyager last month and it was the first time we haven't been to Haller Park

Glad we didn't go for lunch

Mentioned in this post
Haller Park
Haller Park
952 Reviews
Mombasa, Kenya
10. Re: haller park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 11:19