We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apology

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Apology

Dear all

I've had a response regarding my missing thread from the T/A team:

"In the case at hand, the topic had degenerated into an argument, with most posts containing inappropriate content such as personally hostile remarks, national stereotypes, and rants about other members' contributions. None of these posts were individually acceptable, which collectively resulted in the entire topic being deleted."

I hadn't read the thread since tea time and so can't comment on how much it had degenerated. I hadn't even realised that some of the posts had been removed before the whole thread went.

Nevertheless, if I have offended anyone on this forum or if you feel I was guilty of anything in the above paragraph, then I am heartily sorry. It was not my intention to upset, offend, accuse anyone of anything - simply my way of trying to promote Kenya.

I shall take my blunt Yorkshire=ness to task and again, I'm most sincerely sorry - as a Destination Expert I should have realised before things got too far. I'm off to eat some humble pie and custard...

Min x

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apology

The last time i read it last night i didnt think anything was wrong with the thread, it was a debate! I think people are too easily "offended" (God i hate that word) these days. Offending someone is worse than murdering them in the UK you would think.

People dont seem to have any backbone in Britain anymore and all you hear is "its offensive, thats offensive" its PC rubbish and actually one of the reason i go to stay in kenya so much.

I dont think you need apolgise to anyone for putting your point of view across.

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apology

Thanks MM, I agree with you wholeheartedly! Can I come with you next time you go for six months!!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
663 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apology

It didn't offend me and it was definately a valid point, I last read it at tea time last night and it was just a matter of varying opinions at that point.

Dean

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,419 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apology

Jambo.

I followed the thread in Japan. It only had one reply when I first saw it and had evolved to a number of views from many worlds.

Asante for the food for thought.

Do be careful about eating too much. As the old Japanese saying goes, "Only fill your stomach 80 percent." Moderation is the key. :-)

Bon appetit.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Apology

MINmcloed you have no need to eat humble pie this is a forum for all to make valid points and if some posters do not agree with some comments then that is fine it is after all a forum you were very correct in what you posted i to have been disolusioned by many posts but thats life on the whole most posters on this site love kenya and its people and will always return whatever keep it up mombasa expert skipman ps had a bad dose of the trots when i visited brighton last year is there a forum for me to winge on?????????LOL

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apology

Thanks all for the support - nice to have some lovely friends out there! Skip - you don't need to tell me - I've had some dodgy tummys over here too!

London, England
Level Contributor
414 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apology

Min,

I have found your forum posts really helpful and read tons of them before I went away. Didn't find any of them offensive at all, think it's good that people can be passionate about what they believe in. It's only an opinion after all, so not sure why people get so het up about it. If they don't want to read other peoples opinions, maybe a forum is not the best place for them lol.

Keep up your posts please as I'm sure many more people appreciate them than don't.

Faye :0)

wales
Level Contributor
719 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apology

Offensive??? you Min???? Deary me there must be some very sensetive souls out there if they find your comments offensive................Perhaps they are confusing the deffinition of offensive with the deffinition of informative

Alison

x

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apology

D**n! Missed the fun. What did I miss?

(My old pa used to say "If no one complains we are not competitive enough!"

If you have not had a thread pulled or a post deleted you are not doing a thorough job.

Take care.

10. Re: Apology

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 14:30