We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jt Safari Price?

colchester, uk
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jt Safari Price?

Hiya,

After a few emails bouncing backwards and forwards i finally have a price for a 2 day/1 night safari to tsavo east/west, for $375.. roughly converted into GBPounds is £250.

i'm just wondering if anyone has done roughly the same trip and if this was round about the right price to be paying?

To be honest, it was alot more than i was expecting, i kind had a figure of around £150-£200..maybe i was way off, whats the average price?

I have to admit, arranging it is a bit last minute as we fly out next monday, but seeing as there are some recommendations here i thought i would email him first.

Maybe i would be better to leave it until i get there now perhaps?

I'm confused.com. lol!

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jt Safari Price?

Safaris aren't cheap but as its low season I would have thought they would be offering competative prices. Which lodge are you staying at? I would hope it would be along the standards of Kilaguni Serena.

colchester, uk
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jt Safari Price?

Hi,

Yeah, i didn't get as far as details of the exact accomadation he was quoting for although that one was mentioned in an intial email he sent.

Perhaps i need to get a clarification as such, i haven't actually booked anything yet as the price made me step back a bit!

Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jt Safari Price?

Hi Its unfortunate time is not on your side, a bit too high but all will depend on the lodges you are staying, jeep safari or a Nissan, sharing or private to your selves. Would email a few more for comparison. all in all you will have fun.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jt Safari Price?

hi, check safarihitskenya. i have a private safari booked with them in june for £279pp for 3 days & 2 nights at tsavo east/west. would be worth the extra £29 each for 1 more day & night!

5. Re: Jt Safari Price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2009, 13:30
6. Re: Jt Safari Price?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2009, 13:30
Viena
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jt Safari Price?

Hi. Being low season i do expect prices to be down. However it all depends on the lodges and the number of people in the bus and of course the Safari bus to use. We did almost similar safari with kenpal tours (kenpal@mail.com) but was for 3 days and only 2 of us in the bus for 300 pounds each. Overnight was at Voi and Ngulia Safari lodges. our comments; www.leo67.eu. They should be able to give better rates.

Wish you the best.

Mombasa
Level Contributor
146 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jt Safari Price?

I thnk it is way overpriced..I do ALL my safaris with Southern Cross Safaris from Mombasa. They are establised, reputable (I cannot get my head around so many people putting their lives in the hands of with so-called 'tour operators' without accreditation/licence/insurance?? who hang around outside hotels looking for customers)- AND you go in great 4 WD landcrusers and not tinny mini buses! check out www.kenyalastminute.com (which belongs to them) or their email is info@southerncrosssafaris.com. Good luck !

9. Re: Jt Safari Price?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 18:35
blackpool
Level Contributor
318 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jt Safari Price?

we booked with jt safaris and believe me they do not have a set price so bargain hard, 2 seperate couples had identicle safaris with jt but one couple got it 80 quid each cheaper because they bargained harder. i know because i was there. so bargain hard and get other quotes from differant companies. we waited until we got there. u can then see what others are paying and sometimes u could meet another couple, share the vehicle and bring the price down. good luck x

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations