We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping v Lodge?

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kenya
10 posts
Save Topic
Camping v Lodge?

What would you pay to hear Lions roaring outside your tent at night?!

Or would you prefer to be all secure in your lodge room!

Would you pay extra for an armed guard+forgo the comfort/security of the lodge walls???

uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping v Lodge?

we stopped in a combination of lodges and permanent tents and it is true you do feel much closer to everything in the tents, i.e you can hear the hippo munching the grass right next to you tent! but it was nice to experience both I would try to do a combination of the two.

Tamworth, England
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping v Lodge?

We stayed at the mara safari club and galdessa and tsavo and both were brilliant. they were lodges/tents.

The only time I was scared was at galdessa when there was something waling on our front porch and I have no idea what it was. It did seem very open, but the security looked adequate.

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping v Lodge?

hi,

if you talk of basic Camping ti may be cheaper or at the same cost if you go in a good fair priced lodge as in camping you have to pay for Camping fee and prepare your own food.

But of course you have the privacy.

Maybe you go for Bandas instead like the KWS has all over their Parks beatiful self service Houses which you can book directly with them. Or like the Kitani Bandas in Tsavo West or the Wildlife Clubs of Kenya Guesthouse in Lake Nakuru National Park are very good clean, well equipet houses within the Park where you have privacy and good value for money.

The good at the Lodges (doesent matter if you take a one star or a 5 Star ) you do have all the time to go for Game drive an relax at the pool instead start putting up a tend and look arround for food.

Karibu Kenya