We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a realistic safari budget

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
a realistic safari budget

Well we're all booked for the voyager the first 2 weeks in July and starting to think about our plans for when we're there.Our family of 5 are thinking of a 3 day/2 night safari to Tsavo East and West staying at Voi lodge and Ngulia lodges.The family are 3 adults and 2 kids age 10 and 13(possibly classed as an adult?) and we cant seem to find pricelists on the tour operators websites.We dont want to contact anyone just yet but what would be a realistic budget to start saving towards.To start the ball rolling is it possible to do this for £1000?

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a realistic safari budget

Your budget will easily cover that and is enough for you to upgrade to some of the better lodges Serena in Tsavo west and Ashnil in Tsavo east

leics
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a realistic safari budget

Wouldn't stay at Ashnil unless the dam has refilled and the animals are back. It has been bone dry.

Get an idea of some prices here...

http://www.ekeasafaris.com/safaritours

…thomson.co.uk/search-excursions/KEN/Kenya/0…

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a realistic safari budget

£1000 for two rooms (one for 3 people) x 2 nights plus all travel and meals is just about do-able, but only just. £1500+ is much more likely to be what you'll end up paying.

If possible, up the budget, rather than trying to cram the trip.

Good luck planning,

Richard

Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a realistic safari budget

Thanks guys I'm trying to get an idea of how much I need to set aside for this and it sounds like between £1000 and £1500.That gives me a guideline for when I email all the companies next year.

5. Re: a realistic safari budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2010, 05:18