We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travellers beach with kids

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
946 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Travellers beach with kids

Hi

I've just found a great deal to Travellers Beach. We've been to Turtle Bay before (loved it) and I really fancied the Voyager but at the moment they're more or less double the price of Travellers Beach and are out of our budget really.

I know you get what you pay for but for a family of 6 the price difference is more than £3000 so we could really use that for a decent safari.

My children are aged between 6 and 10 - has anyone taken kids to the travellers and was it ok?

The reviews aren't bad, just not as glowing as the other two hotels I wanted to stay in.

Thanks

Sharon

Kent, UK
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travellers beach with kids

Hi,

I've been to Travellers Beach 3 times and on 15th February I am taking the children for the first time. I am going with my husband, one stepson aged 15, one stepson aged 14, my daughter aged 4, my sister, brother-in-law and their 2 children aged 11 and 6 and my mum and dad!

On our previous trips we have always said how the kids would love it there, they have a great animation team that will keep them busy with activities, they have a pool table, table football and a table tennis table. I have no worries about the food, my lot are a fussy bunch but I know there will be plenty there that they will eat as the variety is always good! We are having 2 rooms wih an inter-connecting door, the boys will stay in one room and we will stay in the other with our 4yr old.

hope this helps

Sam x

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travellers beach with kids

Hi

Yes, thanks it helps a lot!

We'll be there the week before you - leaving on the 7th Feb.

I have 3 girls - twins aged 6 and a 10 year old.

Food doesn't worry me, as we've been all over and they've usually coped.

See you there!

S

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
654 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travellers beach with kids

We stayed at Travellers beach Club in Feb with 2 children and they had a great time, the animation team are fabulous with children and adults. I would love to go back there next year funds permitting !!

Dean

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travellers beach with kids

hello,

Traveler beach hotel right next to whitesands beach hotel is great experience.We have been booking our clients mostly families and they truly enjoy.As yet we have not had any single complaining even for families with younger children than your family.

Great resort and especially combining your beach holiday with some game viewing safari you may realize your savings are more than you could ever get else where for the same experience.

With easy access to water sports center next door you are well covered for family boat rides as well.

John

5. Re: Travellers beach with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 05:19