We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach/pool toys

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Beach/pool toys

Hi

As we're struggling for weight I need to buy as much when we're out there as possible.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to buy basic beach toys such as buckets/spades, lilo's/inflatables, a ball, etc in Bamburi?

Cheers

Sharon

England
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach/pool toys

Also - a good book that would be suitable for kids.

It would be great to teach them a little before they go so they can recognise the animals once (if) spotted.

Do they still play that Jambo song all of the time? Sadly the kids already know it off by heart as it's on my iPod!

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach/pool toys

An interesting question! I have seen lilo's, inflatables and rings for sale in the hotel shop at Voyager (not far from Bamburi) and I'm sure you'll be able to get them in the Nakumat (Nyali Shopping Centre). I haven't seen buckets and spades for sale but then I've never seen kids on the beach with buckets and spades as I have in England. I think most of the water fun for your kids will be around the hotel pools.

What type of book do you want - should it include basic words and greetings as well as animals. I can recommend a pocket guide called Wildlife of East Africa by Martin B Withers and David Hosking. Available from Amazon. The phrase book I use all the time is the Lonely Planet Phrasebook Swahili at around a fiver from Amazon.

amazon.co.uk/Wildlife-Africa-Princeton-Illus…

amazon.co.uk/Swahili-Lonely-Planet-Phraseboo…

And yes, they still play that Jambo Song!!!

Edited: 16 January 2010, 12:09
plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach/pool toys

Balls - rings - footballs are all in the hotel .. ( travellers?)

there are a couple of buckets -star shapes and spades in the cupboard under the stairs in the beach side.

Ask Antony or Soloman the pool attendants.

Edited: 16 January 2010, 12:47
4. Re: Beach/pool toys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 07:17