We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smokers

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
daventry
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Smokers

Hi any smokers out there who can tell me how many cigarettes you can take duty free into Mobassa from Gatwick and how much they cost?

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smokers

You are allowed to bring 200 cigarettes per person into Kenya I don't know the price but in Kenya they are 240 shillings for 20 Benson and Hedges from the supermarkets and between 15-17 US $ for 200 at the duty free in Mombasa for your return flight home.

maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smokers

dont try to take more than your limit which is 200 but anyway they are cheaper out there

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smokers

I would keep a couple of packets in your handbag and buy them in Mombasa - it isnt worth the hasle bringing any duty frees into Kenya .. Far far cheaper to buy....

4. Re: Smokers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 07:16