We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water park

Fife
Level Contributor
155 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Water park

I have seen in previous posts that there is a water park in Mombasa but mixed comments as to whether it's open or not.

Is it open for business, if so is it seasonal or only open weekends etc... how much for entry, are food and drinks a reasonable price in park, where exactly is it - we're staying at Voyager.

maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water park

hi jb the only water park i know of is called wild waters which is at nyali opposite the golf club which is where voyager is. they also have bumper cars and they do food , but it,s all halal. i would think it is open but i really don,t know or how much to get in or any prices. but you could try, www.wildwaterskenya.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water park

Its always a good idea to check the cleanliness first of the Park as the last thing you want is to get an air infection just before flying. This happened to us when visiting a Water Park overseas a few years back. The park was very clean and it looked immaculate. A real nightmare flying with a 4 year old with an air infection I can tell you.

Cheers

Mombasa
Level Contributor
146 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water park

I believe Wild Waters opens in busy seasons... Its worth a visit. Never heard of any particuar problems with water quality... but am sure its the same in the hotel pools. Unfortunately just being in a humid climate and being in any water more than normal is a breeding ground for ear infections..

England
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water park

Hi

We went to the crocodile park in February (which is next door) and it was closed but when we drove past it again on the weekend it was open. The taxi driver said it opened from Fri - Sun.

We did intend to go but we were so busy that the free days we had, the kids were happy enogh to play in the hotel pool.

3 of us returned with ear infections, yes they're horrendously painful but it wouldn't put me off swimming on the last couple of days. Not sure it's anything to do with the cleansliness as I've seen people get ear infections from pools that have been immaculately clean.

Enjoy

S

Birmingham
Level Contributor
95 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water park

Haven't been myself but may do in July when we're there but have the following info from their website:

Entrance fee 950Kshs per person (adults and children)

Includes:

Use of all water slides & other water amenities e.g. water mushrooms, lazy river, kiddie pool, water play station, fun floats, rain dance disco.

Excludes:

All Snacks, Food & Drinks at Food Courts & Coffee Shop, Bar Facilities, Video Arcade Games, Dry Rides, Air Rides, Lockers

Park Timings:

Tuesday to Friday

11.00 am to 10.00 pm

Saturday and Sunday

10.00 am to 10.00 pm

Waterslides open until 6.00 pm only

Mombasa
Level Contributor
146 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water park

Sorry to doubt you TheGodwins...I couldnt beleive it could be that expensive so as I was passing I juts popped in to ask...it really is 950/- ...and 250/- to spectate.... I find that amazing as its well out of the reach of many here .. or maybe thats the idea....

Birmingham
Level Contributor
95 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water park

I agree, and thought it sounded too expensive for locals but having not been there and only took the info from their website as below link:

http://www.wildwaterskenya.com/rates.htm

Fife
Level Contributor
155 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water park

Thanks for all the info, we're not going until October so won't be able to report back for a while.

Seems a shame they don't have some sort of discounted residents pass, or off peak prices so more can use also giving a few more jobs if it's busier.

9. Re: Water park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 21:41
10. Re: Water park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations