We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccinations-arrange months before you go

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Vaccinations-arrange months before you go

I had my jabs yesterday after starting the process 9 weeks ago. Filled in travel form at surgery at the beginning of March, waited three weeks for it to come back, phoned surgery for appointment to be told first appointment was in five weeks time.

A few years ago I went to Egypt and called the surgery for my jabs a month in advance only to be told that I couldn't get an appointment in time, but that I could go to a major Travel clinic, but the nearest to me is miles away, involving a lot of travel expenses to get there, so I went without them (not advisable).

Be warned and start the process in plenty of time.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,214 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccinations-arrange months before you go

If you are up to date with the standard vaccinations recommended for an adult in the UK you don't need any other vaccinations

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccinations-arrange months before you go

I wasn't Doff, one of them was overdue. So many of us in the UK don't keep up with our normal vaccinations. I also had the yellow fever jab (yes, I know I don't need it for Kenya but next year I'm going somewhere that requires the certificate so as it lasts for ten years I thought I may as well have it) and a prescription for malaria pills.

3. Re: Vaccinations-arrange months before you go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 05:17